Who use nexus6,give me a look,mine is broken,how to fix it?

zywwarmachine

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
hi,im from China,my nexus6 devices was broken ,the third day when igot my phone,i got OTA update(5.1.1) as well,so i do it ,when its done ,igot the update second times,i was confused,but i still updated it and the problem comes,it was only Google on the screen ,what should i do ,the OEM is locked

Transtang z28

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Sometimes after installation you need to give it up to 10 minutes to fully boot, although that doesn't normally happen at the "google" screen. Are you familiar with flashing images to your phone? I think you may need to manually download a fresh factory image and flash it to your phone. You can find the factory images at the links I will post below, just remember to look for the section title "Shamu for Nexus 6". From there select the download link for the version you want. After you get it downloaded you will need to manually install it. I want to add that you will lose all your data if you chose to go this route, but I'm not sure what other options there are by now.

Nexus Factory Images: https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images
Guide to flashing: How to manually update your Nexus | Android Central

NewAge

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I'd first try to boot into recovery and factory reset. If that doesn't work then flash images.

Long press power button until device turns off. Then press Power + Volume down until phone boots into fastboot mode. Use volume button to select recovery. Press power button to enter recovery.