Home screen rotation

bold1193

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I remember reading that in the preview of 6.0, there was the ability to enable home screen rotation. Now that I have officially (wugfresh) upgraded to 6.0, I cannot find this feature. Anyone know what happened to it?

Lee_Bo

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
Settings/Display

Scroll to the bottom and see "When device is rotated". Nova also does the same thing.

Screenshot_20151007-100251.jpg

rocktauber

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
This Setting does not allow the actual Home Screen to rotate. I believe that is what the poster is asking for. I am not familiar with Nova Launcher, I am referring to stock Nexus settings.

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
There is a separate "Auto-Rotate" setting in Nova (under "Look and Feel") that works with your Display system settings, and that does let the home screen rotate between portrait and landscape.

bold1193

May 24, 2011
Visit site
This Setting does not allow the actual Home Screen to rotate. I believe that is what the poster is asking for. I am not familiar with Nova Launcher, I am referring to stock Nexus settings.

Posted via the Android Central App

Correct. On the 6.0 preview, there was the option for home screen rotate. I guess they removed it from the official release.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Correct. On the 6.0 preview, there was the option for home screen rotate. I guess they removed it from the official release.

They did this with a couple of features... P1 or P2 had a dark mode for the UI. That got pulled for P3.

Not that I mind... In landscape, things just looked wonky. Scaling was off, everything just looked odd.