Why won't my Nexus 6 stay connected to WiFi?

Tyler294

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site
For the past few weeks, my phone has been struggling to stay connected to my home WiFi. I feel like it might be a problem with the WiFi itself, since my phone remains connected to other WiFi sources. The network shows up on my phone, but just shows its status as "Saved" and won't connect.

I have a Nexus 6, Verizon, on 5.1.1, build LMY48M. It is not rooted, and I don't have any battery saver apps or firewall apps on my phone.

My WiFi at home is Comcast WiFi, a 2.4 GHz signal, with G and N supported protocols, with WPAWPA2-TKIP/AES security. The firewall security is set to low. I have a modem/router combination (the one you lease from Comcast).

I have tried most things described on the internet; forgetting the network on my phone and reconnecting, resetting the wireless modem, updating the modem, switching WiFi on and off, the same with airplane mode, changing my wireless on the phone from automatic to 2.4Ghz and 5GHz, and nothing has worked. If I turn the phone off and then back on, it will reconnect to the WiFi, but will only stay connected for a few hours, at which point it won't connect.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I've had to turn my cellular data off completely because my phone is devouring my mobile data. Thank you in advance, and if you need any more information let me know! :)

Cavboygt

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
May be you need exchange your modem/router in one nearest Comcast center. If not try to do renew and refresh IP address. Hopefully it help

Posted via the Android Central App

pog7

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site
Try installing inSSIDer and SignalCheck Lite (both free) to get a better idea of what your phone is seeing and doing with wireless. If you see overlaps from neighboring routers, you might try specifying a different channel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37