6.0 App question on Nexus 6

NickB2005

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys - So, I flashed 6.0 on my Nexus 6 on Friday of last week and I have realized there are some apps that just act very weird/straight up don't work. In Boston, we are huge on Dunkin Donuts and I realized that is one of the apps that keeps force closing on me now that I have updated the OS. Also, another one is Draft Kings app and I am sure there a few others, but not sure how long it normally takes for apps to become able to work on a new OS?

Paul Beebe

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys - So, I flashed 6.0 on my Nexus 6 on Friday of last week and I have realized there are some apps that just act very weird/straight up don't work. In Boston, we are huge on Dunkin Donuts and I realized that is one of the apps that keeps force closing on me now that I have updated the OS. Also, another one is Draft Kings app and I am sure there a few others, but not sure how long it normally takes for apps to become able to work on a new OS?

Did you wipe the phone before flashing the image or was it a "dirty" flash? I have read about a lot of people having similar issues when they don't wipe their phone when flashing a factory image?

If this isn't the issue then I wouldn't expect it to take app people very long to get round to updating.

NickB2005

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Did you wipe the phone before flashing the image or was it a "dirty" flash? I have read about a lot of people having similar issues when they don't wipe their phone when flashing a factory image?

If this isn't the issue then I wouldn't expect it to take app people very long to get round to updating.

I completely wiped before I flashed it. Everything else seems to work, but like another example for Facebook's messenger app I get notifications that I have a new convo, but the chat heads don't pop up now on 6.0. It's small stuff really...just a bit annoying after relying on certain apps for a while.

Bagums

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed the same issue with a few of the apps I use, I would assume it's just a matter of time before the apps will be updated to work better with 6.0. Never hurts though to send an email to the dev and let them know about the issue.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12