Thinking about getting a 6

Jax112

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I am thinking about buying a Nexus 6 and curious is there a specific model number I need to look for. I'm on Verizon and this will be a second phone.

Posted via the Android Central App

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
As long as you get one of the US models (XT1103), you'll be fine. Doesn't matter if you bought it from Google, Motorola, Verizon, T-Mobile, etc... from a HW standpoint, they are all exactly the same phone. One obtained from a carrier might be loaded with their version of the system software, but that pretty easy to change.

The only tricky thing is the AT&T model... I think they SIM-lock that sucker (WHICH IS EVIL!!)

Bront

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I got mine though Amazon. There are 2 sellers, make sure you use the one that's actually Amazon, the other seller will actually put a sticker over the model number so you can't confirm it's the right model.

I'm loving my 6 so far, other than it's HUGE.

cache11

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
It will likely be your favorite phone. My 3 month old G4 hasn't been used since my N6 arrived and I really like the G4 too.

metalgirl3

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
I've had the white 64 gb since June. Bought mine from Google and use AT&T. They put in their sim card and I have no carrier bloat at all.

I love the big screen, the camera is actually pretty good, and the phone is very fast. My battery lasts all day with moderate use.

I have over 100 apps, a bunch of music, photos, and music videos downloaded and still have 47 gb left.

You can't beat the lower price now either. I gave 550 for mine and it was well worth it.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Orion78

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I've had the white 64 gb since June. Bought mine from Google and use AT&T. They put in their sim card and I have no carrier bloat at all.

I love the big screen, the camera is actually pretty good, and the phone is very fast. My battery lasts all day with moderate use.

I have over 100 apps, a bunch of music, photos, and music videos downloaded and still have 47 gb left.

You can't beat the lower price now either. I gave 550 for mine and it was well worth it.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Preach!

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
It is weird not constantly wishing for a new phone. Normally I am eagerly reading the sites looking for the next thing, but my Nexus 6 is just as perfect

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith