OTA 6.0 update failed

James Fletcher3

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Got notification that my OTA had downloaded last night, started the install process only for it to fail part way through, Had the android man with red triangle with 'error' underneath it. Since I booted back into 5.1.1 I can't start the process again to upgrade

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Was your phone completely stock (no changes to system/recovery etc at all)? you can't take OTA if you had any changes (you'll get notified, but OTA will fail)

James Fletcher3

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Not that I'm aware no. Just wish I knew someone near me who has the experience of flashing updates manually, don't trust myself

Posted via the Android Central App

alexcolka

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
Use the Nexus Root Toolkit (Google for that) is so easy to use, the program locates the flash image, it download the file and flash the phone for you.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Use the Nexus Root Toolkit (Google for that) is so easy to use, the program locates the flash image, it download the file and flash the phone for you.

Have they updated the tool kit yet? I have the 6.0 OTA file for T-Mobile but as of last night the Tool Kit said it didn't have the proper files to upgrade to 6.0 from the security update 5.1.1 file LYZ28M..... so it would error out every time I tried to run it with the latest version the tool kit had (LYZ28K)

I'll have to check it tonight when I get home from work I guess.....

AQPerry

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Have they updated the tool kit yet? I have the 6.0 OTA file for T-Mobile but as of last night the Tool Kit said it didn't have the proper files to upgrade to 6.0 from the security update 5.1.1 file LYZ28M..... so it would error out every time I tried to run it with the latest version the tool kit had (LYZ28K)

Same issue here bleh, to command and ADB sideload prompt I go!

alexcolka

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
Sorry not sure about that, because my Nexus is not carrier based. I just downloaded the NRT and flashed with it.

EJT

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Sorry not sure about that, because my Nexus is not carrier based. I just downloaded the NRT and flashed with it.

Carrier branded or not doesn't matter. Wugs Toolkit doesn't have the latest security updates listed, so it won't allow you to flash or sideload anything. I've tried both, and my phone is on the generic build (LMY48T) with a Fi SIM in it.

Last edited:

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site

Check Android police to see which build you're on. I received the latest security update on my nexus 6 on t-mobile and just side loaded the ota zip file. Worked perfectly and no need to erase or start from scratch. Phone feels even better.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad