Finally!! 6.0 OTA

Diordna11

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
Funny thing happened today. I have an 80 year old friend that recently saw my 4 week old N6 and he decided he wanted one so he gave me his credit card and I ordered it from Amazon. Well, it came today and he asked me to set it up for him and after the 5.1 update and 2 or 3 security updates another update pops up for 6.0 and I about flipped because I have been checking mine daily and nothing. I continued to check mine throughout the day today and eventually did a FDR thinking that might force it and still 5.1. As I was leaving my office to drive home I decided to try another FDR and when I got home I was going through the setup process and I got the OTA 6.0 notice and its loading now.

Posted via the Android Central App

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Great, what carrier do you use? What was your 5.1.1 build number? if you don't mind.
Thank you

Diordna11

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
His popped up before I put his SIM in it so I pulled my SIM and that's when I got mine. Can't imagine why that would matter, but both are unlocked. Anyway he's on Straight Talk and I'm on TMo.

cerob

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I just got my notification earlier today about 5 hours ago (1 hour into my work day), so I am waiting until I get home to upgrade seeing as I have to have my phone on for family emergencies in case the wife or kids have something that comes up.

dhotiram

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Remove SIM and try updating. Same thing happened to me. Right out of the box without the SIM I got 5.1 then 2 security update approximately 25 MB each and then marshmallow. Everything worked well after inserting T-Mobile SIM card :)

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Remove SIM and try updating. Same thing happened to me. Right out of the box without the SIM I got 5.1 then 2 security update approximately 25 MB each and then marshmallow. Everything worked well after inserting T-Mobile SIM card :)

Tried that removed Sim card, did a wipe data and cache, but that will not make the build number LMY48W go away. As long as the phone is on LMY48W it is at the mercy of AT&T. Kind of defeated the purpose of me buying the phone from the Google play store.

darkman265

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Fyi 6.0 OTA on Nexus 6 available immediately after factory reset

FYI Factory reset my phone and the update became available right away.

drenfree

Sep 7, 2015
Visit site
Re: Fyi 6.0 OTA on Nexus 6 available immediately after factory reset

I did the same with my T-Mobile sim and it was a no go.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

koam

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Re: Fyi 6.0 OTA on Nexus 6 available immediately after factory reset

A share of phones on the 5.1.1 builds that are in rollout mode are receiving the M OTA daily.... no matter what they do.

I deleted my Facebook app and got the OTA. (not really)

kjharrison

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
It's good to hear people are starting to get the OTA. I'm still waiting (Verizon) patiently. Actually, I'm not in a huge rush for it or I would have flashed the OTA already. I must love having a battery that lasts a little more than 8 hours.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty