Bootloader issues...

TacoKingYo

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys, so I was trying to flash the latest Nexus build to my Nexus 6, but the bootloader was taking 10+ mins to flash, so I tried closing out of cmd and then restarting my phone into bootloader. Unfortunately, now, my computer doesn't recognize my phone, saying that the drivers are no bueno, so that when i type fastboot devices nothing shows up.
Any ideas? I'm unable to connect via adb so i can't lock my bootloader or anything to try to get an OTA, and I have stock recovery so I can't flash the bootloader through recovery..........
Thanks!

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Were you trying to unlock/lock your bootloader? or were you trying to flash the bootloader.img?

Go to device manager (assuming you are using Windows PC), and uninstall the drivers - then, reinstall the drivers and see if your device is detected by fastboot devices.

You don't need to lock the bootloader to get OTA - as long as your device is stock (everything), you will be able to take OTA.

TacoKingYo

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Were you trying to unlock/lock your bootloader? or were you trying to flash the bootloader.img?

Go to device manager (assuming you are using Windows PC), and uninstall the drivers - then, reinstall the drivers and see if your device is detected by fastboot devices.

You don't need to lock the bootloader to get OTA - as long as your device is stock (everything), you will be able to take OTA.

My bootloader was already unlocked; I was just trying to update. But I will try that. Will there be any problems because I have two potential bootloader softwares on my phone?
Ok, in sorry, I thought unlocking bootloader makes it unavailable to OTA updates. I'm on Verizon anyways though so I won't be receiving an OTA update for who knows how long. Maybe if this doesn't work I'll factory reset to force the update... Thanks!

TacoKingYo

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Hmmmmmmm.......
fastboot devices wouldn't read my phone yesterday......
and now it's working.......
I'm assuming my computer just needed to be shut down and restarted.
I was trying to delete the device drivers but for some weird reason my computer isn't letting me. But I won't worry bout that till I need to, hopefully I'll get a new computer by that time....
Thanks for all of your help

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2