Nexus 6 or Moto X Pure

crow11ad

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
With the deal going on at Amazon for a Nexus 6 64 gig of $399 and a 64 gig MXP is $499 and if you add moto care for 2 years of $79, the MXP total is $621.

Now besides the cost difference and for those that have the N6 or possibly both and know what you know now, would you select the N6 or MXP?

Yes the N6 is pure and updates will be recieved first, but the MXP has a touch of that moto madness. Now with unlimited pic storage with Google and pretty much streaming music, is the sd of the pure necessary even when the MXP recieves marsh mellow and the sd becomes local storage?

I don't mind the size of either. I am just seeing what others may think. I appreciate it.

Bagums

May 1, 2010
Visit site
While I like the moto x pure, I would still buy a nexus 6 again given the choice. My main reason is I've come to love wireless charging and since the pure doesn't have that I'm going with the nexus 6. However if the pure did have wireless charging I'd probably pick it as I like the customization moto offers as well as the added software features.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I don't have either phone, but if I was buying a new phone today it would be the 6P. Much better display than the Pure, better camera and battery life. Faster updates (obviously) and completely stock Android. Some of the Moto features are cool, but there are also some features you'll have on the Nexus months before the Pure even does. And with the way Moto is handling updates lately, I'm not sure I'd trust them to update their phones for 2 years

OMGLadyGaga

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
I tried the moto x pure and sent it back. I like the Nexus 6 better because it is smoother, got less hot, and had better battery life. It's simply a better value at current prices IMO.

I liked the screen on the Moto X Pure more, SD card is nice and it has a better in hand feel

Posted via the Android Central App

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site
The Moto X is nice, but I am a Nexus guy all the way. I love the big beautiful screen. And there are a lot more customizations available for the N6. (roms and such)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay