Video doesn't utilize full screen

krishnansasikumar

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
I noticed that when I play video through you tube and the ones that I receive on whatsapp didn't utilize the full screen of the Nexus 6.

There is a lot of black dead space in the videos taking away the advantage of the big screen. I see these videos occupying the full space of the iPhone 6 and 6 plus

Nexus 6 on Android 6

vepac

Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
It must be the way the WhatsApp developers developed it. If you watch a YouTube video the nav keys go away.

Posted via the Android Central App from my VZW Nexus 6 on T-Mobile

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I noticed that when I play video through you tube and the ones that I receive on whatsapp didn't utilize the full screen of the Nexus 6.

There is a lot of black dead space in the videos taking away the advantage of the big screen. I see these videos occupying the full space of the iPhone 6 and 6 plus

Nexus 6 on Android 6
It it unused screen space on sides and top/bottom? Just making sure it's not an aspect ratio issue.

Another thought- perhaps the videos are showing in native resolution and are smaller resolution than the QHD of the N6. The iPhone is lower resolution, so videos playing in native resolution would fill more of the screen.

Mostly, it's probably something about how WhatsApp is coded.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like it's likely a resolution issue. If, for example, a video is recorded in 1080p and then played back at that resolution, then it's not going to fill the QHD screen. Apps can be coded to upscale the videos to fill the screen, but it's up to the coder of the app to make it do that vs play at native resolution.

That's my best guess.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781