No Nov. Security OTA, and No Updated Play Store?

Jdane07

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, wondering if anyone else is still waiting on the things listed in the title?
I sideloaded 6.0 weeks ago, but now I'm waiting for the November security OTA (I'm not too concerned with this) and I'm still running the old Play Store. I know these things take time, but it feels a little weird that it's mid-November and i haven't received anything yet.

Posted via the Android Central App

thatguy97

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Ah don't worry Google and the month of November never have mixed well infrastructure wise,you'll get it.

Posted from my Nexus 6/Nexus 7 2013/Surface Pro 3

Diordna11

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
So I am the guy that originally figured out that some N6's could get 6.0 by pulling the SIM and doing a FDR, but I refused to go through that to get the November security patch so I have been patiently waiting for it. Well, I am or was on TMo and my Fi SIM arrived Saturday so I popped it in my N6 and after 4 hours of my phone registering on the Fi system (yes 4 hours) it finally booted up and the November update popped right up. It would be nice to know if our updates are getting carrier blocked or is this Google's suttle way of telling us that we have to be 100% pure Google to get timely updates moving forward.

tonyr6

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
I was about to post the same thing. I too sideloaded 6.0 weeks ago because the update never came and I had issues with Wifi and call quality on T-mobile that 6.0 fixed. I never got the November update. Not losing sleep over it except for the fact that I don't think any updates are being pushed because I sideloaded it. That means if 6.1 comes out nothing either.

ODog2323

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I still haven't gotten the Play Store update, nor the 6.0 update. Did get the November security update though. What a tease that was!

AC App
Nexus 6

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
If you flashed MRA58K, you got Marshmallow, but before the Nov security patch was added to it. If you want the Nov security patch on Marshmallow, you can either wait for OTA, or flash MRA58N / MRA58R factory image.

Trophlin

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
So I am the guy that originally figured out that some N6's could get 6.0 by pulling the SIM and doing a FDR, but I refused to go through that to get the November security patch so I have been patiently waiting for it. Well, I am or was on TMo and my Fi SIM arrived Saturday so I popped it in my N6 and after 4 hours of my phone registering on the Fi system (yes 4 hours) it finally booted up and the November update popped right up. It would be nice to know if our updates are getting carrier blocked or is this Google's suttle way of telling us that we have to be 100% pure Google to get timely updates moving forward.

Updates are being carrier blocked. That is why pulling your SIM and doing a factory reset lets you update to the newest version.

jmarkey77

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm in the same boat, I side loaded Marshmallow and haven't gotten either update. I've considered doing a factory reset, would that help any?

I left my bootloader unlocked and wondered if that was related as well...?

Indyrobb

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I got the security update last week and I'm on sprint. And I got the play store update today.

My lg stylo was updated to the newest version of the play store several weeks ago, but there isn't an active sim card in it, but it used to be MetroPCS.

Jdane07

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Finally received the new Play Store design a few minutes ago. I'm liking it. Now just for that security patch...

burrs87

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I got the Play Store update yesterday. Today it's back to the old look! LOL WTF

AC App
Nexus 6

Wow. Same here. The play store updated earlier today to 6.0.0 and looked great. Now I just looked again and its looks like the old version but still says its version 6.0.0.

Jdane07

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Haha I'm glad I'm not the only one who has the regressing Play Store..

Mine went back to the old one as well.

Dhalgren

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
My Google Play Edition tablet got the November security update last night, which was great to see, nearly 2 years after activating it. Still waiting for it on my Nexus 6 running Project Fi.

tonyr6

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Got the playstore update but still no security patch. All the other Nexus's got security updates. To think I bought the Nexus 6 thinking it would have been first in line for updates but no. I just hope I don't have to sideload and factory reset everytime I want a update.

The Nexus 6P which I should have waited and got instead don't have issues with carrier updates. Carriers don't sell it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12