Nexus 6 screen issue

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Just got another N6 question , I've read many threads about the well known screen burn-in issues . I was wondering is this still an issue ? I'm just worried about getting this phone and having this problem.

thatguy97

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
It was an issue on some units in the initial production run. Not a big problem anymore.

Posted from my Nexus 6/Nexus 7 2013/Surface Pro 3

Last edited:

wezi427

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
I got my phone in December of 2014 and I never had that issue.

I wonder if illiterate people get the full effect of alphabet soup

rickms80

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I have a small about of burn-in with my navigation bar. I just started noticing a week or so ago. There will always be burn-in with amoled when there are static areas on the display. Almost any screen has burn-in issues but amoled is really fast when compared to the other display technologies. Nature of the beast as some would say. I personally prefer LCD panels because of this. If you want a good example...go to any mobile store with live demos of phones using amoled. I went to an at&t store a month or so ago and looked at a N6 on display. The burnin was awful.

udnh

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
I just checked my display real hard and I could indeed find traces of burn in. Hasn't affected my daily usage whatsoever.

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Probably not. Burn in fixer apps usually work on minor to moderate burn in from status or nav bar. How did the burn in get so bad? Was it a display unit?