Would you leave the Nexus??

MikeCorsten

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
I've been an Android user since having the opportunity to get into Android probably quite a short amount of time. My first was the HTC Desire HD, I chose that because at the time for me it was getting strong reviews as a great handset and a massive upgrade from the Nokia 5800 I was owning.

After 2 years it was due an upgrade and I was entitled to, however at the time there was big influence from my friends owning the Samsung Galaxy S3, so I chose to go for the S4, a great little phone, but I got fed up with their bloatware and Knox security.

When that contract was due up, I moved to the Nexus and for me has been the best phone on Android I've used out of the other 2. I have also seen several other Android phones from friends and family and this Nexus 6 tops them all IMHO.

I love the Android experience on it, and the quick updates, I also love being given the next version of Android early than I would had I been on another manufacturers device.

I love the look of the new 6P too, although I won't be upgrading, as I'm in contract with my 6 until 2016.

So for you, would you ever consider moving away from Nexus?

I don't think I will

Robin Hebert

Banned
Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
I've been an Android user since having the opportunity to get into Android probably quite a short amount of time. My first was the HTC Desire HD, I chose that because at the time for me it was getting strong reviews as a great handset and a massive upgrade from the Nokia 5800 I was owning.

After 2 years it was due an upgrade and I was entitled to, however at the time there was big influence from my friends owning the Samsung Galaxy S3, so I chose to go for the S4, a great little phone, but I got fed up with their bloatware and Knox security.

When that contract was due up, I moved to the Nexus and for me has been the best phone on Android I've used out of the other 2. I have also seen several other Android phones from friends and family and this Nexus 6 tops them all IMHO.

I love the Android experience on it, and the quick updates, I also love being given the next version of Android early than I would had I been on another manufacturers device.

I love the look of the new 6P too, although I won't be upgrading, as I'm in contract with my 6 until 2016.

So for you, would you ever consider moving away from Nexus?

I don't think I will

Just traded mine in for the Turbo2. I'm glad I did. Faster phone.. Better call quality and better camera. Got 214 back.

Posted via the Android Central App

daytondroid

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
I have been using Android phones on my 2nd AT&T line for 4 years. I have gone from Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Galaxy Note 4 and now a Galaxy Note 5. I have also been using the current gen iPhone each year (yes, buy new each year). In the past few years, I have always preferred my iPhone to the Android phone I had at the time. But, since getting the iPhone 6S and Note 5, the Note 5 feels really snappy. The iPhone 6S is faster, but the Note 5 feels almost as fast. I run the Nova Launcher on it, so the settings screen is the only place I see Touchwiz. Also, to AT&T and Samsung's credit, they have 5.1.1 on the Note 4 and 5, and my Note 5 has been getting monthly security updates the last few months since they announced they would provide them.

DroidTron

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Since I only choose to buy a new smartphone ever 2 to 3 years, and I like the enhancements and features of new versions of Android, I'm pretty much sticking with Nexus phones until Google figures out a way to independently push updates.

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
If a miracle happens and HTC actually comes out with a more than worthy successor to the One Max in 2016, one which is also a superb monster of a 2016 Android smartphone, then, yes, I'd switch. (Course, the fact that I bought a second N6 just in case a miracle like that did come to pass in 2016 means I won't really be leaving at all.)

Actually, I'm thinking less about the possibility of leaving the Nexus line and more about the possibility of leaving T-Mobile. If every major OS update entails a month or more of "testing," with nothing more than a rare flippant tweet by way of justification, then I'm likely to question whether it's worth using a Nexus on T-Mobile's network. Additionally, if every major carrier is going to be offering WiFi Calling beginning in 2016, then another major reason for sticking with both T-Mobile and the Nexus line may fall by the wayside.

Mind you, I'm not so stupid as to think that Verizon or AT&T will be any better at either WiFi Calling or passing along updates than T-Mobile. But T-Mobile's definitely not coming out of this most recent update cycle smelling like a rose, or looking any less carrier-like than their competition.

adamgalas1

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
My #1 priority is screen size. BUT as someone who likes to own their phones till the wheels fall off I also like updates.

Nexi are guaranteed to get upgraded to the next 2 generations of android which is sweet. (the fact that my TMO Nexus 6 is now on day 48 and counting waiting on the 6.0 OTA upgrade but obviously this isn't either TMO or Google fault "for this I blame Obama";)

So the Nexus 6 with its biggest screen and stereo speakers was a dream.

Obviously I think that the 5.7" screened Nexus 6P is ludicrously small and verging on a toy instead of a tool!;)

BUT I will always look at a Nexi phablet when it comes to a new phone.

Then again battery life is my close #2 priority and LG V10's removable battery and ZeroLemon's 8500 mAh battery case that's built like a tank is really appealing.

HTC's O2 flagship for 2016 is rumored to come in 5" and 6" versions with duel speakers, 4,000 mAh battery and water proofing. That is intriguing as well.

And of course the MediaPad X2 by Huawei (importable) with its 7" screen and 5,000 mAh battery is alluring as well.

So bottom line: Nexus is always first choice BUT if Google ever drops a phablet offering then I'm gone instantly.

Phablets forever!

wckesq

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I thought the reason for getting a Nexus or a Pure was quick updates without carrier interference. My experience with my N6 on VZW has proven otherwise (still no Marshmallow, November Security OTA, nor Play Store). Given warranty problems with Moto with my Pure, I am not sure if Apple is not in my future.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I have had other phones HTC,LG,Samsung,Motorola. I prefer stock or near stock android .I also like fast updates.My Nexus has been on MM for a long time( flashed factory image).So one of my phones will always be a Nexus .The Nexus currently is the Nexus 6 :)

udnh

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
My first android phone was an htc desire, then got a nexus 4 and then a nexus 6. Since the nexus 6 I'm very attached to the screen size, so I hope google keeps offering a nexus of 5.5''+, in which case I will most certainly continue to get nexuses.

Although recently I started considering manufacturers that offer a relatively stock experience and have a good update track record. That would be Motorola for me, and I would enjoy customizing the look of my phone a bit.

Master T

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
I wont. I've always rooted my phones/installed custom roms and I'm still amazed how easy it was to unlock bootloader and root. I came from a Verizon Galaxy S5 and it was always getting bricked and never was able to unlock the bootloader. Now I have so many ROM options and tweaks and development support. I can also take this beast to any carrier. I'm sold!

EthaGod

Jul 19, 2015
Visit site
I have left it many times for many different phones. I have been a nexus user sense the Nexus S or Galaxy Nexus whichever was first. I always come back everytime.

jmarkey77

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
If Nexus failed to offer the features I want I'd have to consider it. Though Nexus would have to completely screw the pooch I'd imagine for me to change.

I love the OS updates, I'm a tech nerd...

udnh

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
When rumors about the size of the nexus 6 started floating around, I was very unhappy and thought I'll never buy such a big phone. Which left me puzzled because I had to replace my previous phone. But well, I was still drawn to the nexus experience. And after five seconds in my hands I knew I was getting it.

So even if it feel the next nexus in not what I want, I may very well still get it.

Last edited:

Crest4

May 27, 2015
Visit site
Not after my experience with the N6 now way I am leaving. I got exactly what I wanted with this phone and the latest update to Marshmallow had only solidified my decision.

wmurch301

Sep 27, 2015
Visit site
I thought the reason for getting a Nexus or a Pure was quick updates without carrier interference. My experience with my N6 on VZW has proven otherwise (still no Marshmallow, November Security OTA, nor Play Store). Given warranty problems with Moto with my Pure, I am not sure if Apple is not in my future.

I'm new to the nexus line and am currently running Marshmallow on sprint. Why don't those who don't have it deactivate the sim, upgrade, and then reinstall the sim card if they haven't got the update? If it takes the updates from Google if it's not on an active sim? I'm confused.

Sumit Sangtani

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
What's this silliness? A more appropriate question would've been - Where can i buy my 'Nexus for life' t-shirt?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie