Will AT&T Nexus 6 ever receive Android 6.0 Marshmallow? Update: YES!

Sidj93

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
Anybody still left out of the ota update??? I haven't got it yet on my Nexus 6..and it sucks big tym...

Posted via the Android Central App

Sidj93

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
Re: No update still for the Nexus 6!!!!

Don't know..I have friends in USA and India wh got the update on their Nexus 5 some time back..

Mwanahabari

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site

Like you, I have friends with the 5 who have had the update but my 6 hasn't had it yet. 2 weeks after it was released is a joke.

Last edited:

Anthonyyww

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site

I'm still waiting too. it's getting ridiculous although I do have AT&T I am not sure if that has anything to do wit it or not.

RonW3

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site

Same here. Verizon hasn't pushed yet. Tempted to flash it but not real comfortable doing that.

Howard Sylve

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site

I'm still waiting too. it's getting ridiculous although I do have AT&T I am not sure if that has anything to do wit it or not.

AT&T has nothing to do with it. Google just hasn't queued everyone here's Nexus 6 batch. I'm in the same boat. My Nexus 5 has it for 2 weeks now.

Howard Sylve

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site

Same here. Verizon hasn't pushed yet. Tempted to flash it but not real comfortable doing that.

Verizon isn't holding out you. Google just hasn't queued your Nexus' 6 batch yet for the update.

robert7107

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

Been out for two weeks + now everyone that has a nexus 5,6,7,9 should have it...F****** b***s***!!!!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Sidj93

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
I think Google needs to learn a little from Apple..not that I'm supporting apple here..I have an iPad too and I hvnt touched it ever since I bought D nexus....but apple's ota update is universally released for all..dats amazing!!

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site

Sideload it, much quicker than waiting.

unless you used an AT&T sim card of any kind, at any time ever, since owning your N6, then you stuck on LMY48W and there is no 6.0 build that is compatible with it. Pretty bad, I bought a carrier unlocked N6 from Google to avoid this carrier holding up updates, and still can not even sideload it because of AT&T.

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site

unless you used an AT&T sim card of any kind, at any time ever, since owning your N6, then you stuck on LMY48W and there is no 6.0 build that is compatible with it. Pretty bad, I bought a carrier unlocked N6 from Google to avoid this carrier holding up updates, and still can not even sideload it because of AT&T.

Ugh, that stinks. Hopefully Google stays away from the carrier specific builds with marshmallow.

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site

Ugh, that stinks. Hopefully Google stays away from the carrier specific builds with marshmallow.

That's what aggravates me, my phone is not an AT&T Phone, I purchased it from The Google play store, but because I used an AT&T Sim card in it for a month it seems it automatically became an AT&T Phone, the update build number LMY48W seems to be tied specifically to AT&T. Never had this kind of problem on any other Nexus phones I've owned starting back with the Galaxy Nexus. There seems to be a Marshmallow 6.0 build to download for every version but that one.

Indyrobb

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site

Received my marshmallow update around 3pm est and I'm on sprint.

robert7107

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

N6 users on AT&T will get OTA .. Especially if Sprint is getting it now should be anytime

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Forest Dane

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site

I think Google needs to learn a little from Apple..not that I'm supporting apple here..I have an iPad too and I hvnt touched it ever since I bought D nexus....but apple's ota update is universally released for all..dats amazing!!

I'm not sure they do. Lots of people had issues with the last update and they sent out patches very quickly. Many had problems with 9.0 and 9.01 myself and daughter included.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol