Disabling Google Hangouts.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
So I've disabled hangouts on my Nexus 6 for a very long time now. I also keep on getting the message hangouts has stopped/force closed, then I just click OK. Is there any way to prevent this message from a continuously popping up though?? It's getting Very annoying of course. Thank you in advance for your help.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Do you also have Hangouts Dialer installed? If so, see what happens if you uninstall that. Also, was Hangouts originally set as your default SMS app before you disabled it?

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Do you also have Hangouts Dialer installed? If so, see what happens if you uninstall that. Also, was Hangouts originally set as your default SMS app before you disabled it?
No sir! Hangouts was not the default SMS app on my phone Messenger is. & I don't have the dialer app at all.

DroidTron

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I had a similar issue a while ago. Turned out my SMS messages got corrupted when I restored from backup. Didn't matter hangouts wasn't the default for SMS. Have you done any SMS backups and restores on your device recently?

Wiley_11

May 10, 2011
Visit site
So I've disabled hangouts on my Nexus 6 for a very long time now. I also keep on getting the message hangouts has stopped/force closed, then I just click OK. Is there any way to prevent this message from a continuously popping up though?? It's getting Very annoying of course. Thank you in advance for your help.

I had the same problem on my nexus 6. 3 days ago I turned on my Nexus 5 to check battery and I disabled the Hangouts app that I used on it. I then disabled Hangouts on my Nexus 6 again and it hasn't had any problems since. So if you had Hangouts on any other devices try disabling them.

That's all I got. :D

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem on my nexus 6. 3 days ago I turned on my Nexus 5 to check battery and I disabled the Hangouts app that I used on it. I then disabled Hangouts on my Nexus 6 again and it hasn't had any problems since. So if you had Hangouts on any other devices try disabling them.

That's all I got. :D
Thank you for the suggestion I appreciate it. The only problem is, I don't have hangouts install pm any other devices.grr

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007