Transfer files to Nexus 6?

John Nusselder

Jan 19, 2016
Visit site
Transfer files to Nexus 6

Your site states (............/how-transfer-files-between-your-nexus-6-and-computer)
"While the Nexus 6 doesn't use a file system that most home computers can recognize natively, it does make use of MTP (the Media Transfer Protocol) to be able to send and receive files to and from almost every computer out there. The best news is that it's all pretty simple."
I've been fighting for weeks to find this simple solution.
I can connect my Nexus 6 to my PC - I choose "Use USB for file Transfers (MTP)" and I can see "Nexus 6" - "Internal storage" on my computer - and all the folders.
Please explain to me: Into which folder do I transfer the files from my computer (or do I create a new folder) so that I can read these files on my Nexus 6?

Thanks for any insights!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Transfer files to Nexus 6

Hi John,

You should be able to copy the files into any folder you want (as long as it's not part of the system), or create your own.

Now, it might depend on what exactly are you copying if it needs to be in a specific location (most of the time, however, it shouldn't matter). For instance, some apps might only see files if they're copied in their folders, and some others, like the general Gallery or Media apps, can find media files anywhere in the phone.

For specific file needs, you can always use the stock File Manager in your phone to browse for files just as if you were looking at the file structure in a computer.

BartmanJax

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
Re: Transfer files to Nexus 6

Yes. You can create a "Music" folder to put your music in. You can create a "Pictures" folder to put your images, although when you take a picture with the default camera app, those go into DCIM > Camera.

Put the files wherever you want or into any folder you want and use an file manager app to navigate around inside your phone like you use Windows Explorer to look around in a Windows machine or Finder in an Apple machine.

I personally prefer Explorer. It's small and simple.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez