Core Google Apps

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Okay everyone, so wonder Nexus 6 phones, do you use the stock Google messenger app for texting or something else? Do you also use a stock Google keyboard or SwiftKey keyboard? Thanks for your input. See the stars Google now launcher or Nova Launcher? Now, I know it's all user preference but I still want to know.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Personally, I use the stock Messenger app, SwiftKey keyboard, and Google Now Launcher
Thanks for your response back. See now the only thing I don't like about Google messenger is a quick preview screen that comes with every incoming message when you go to a quick reply from it, you can see the previous message that you responding back to you so you have to click on the messenger link regardless.

louisstone

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Stock messenger app, SwiftKey and Nova Prime.

Most of my texting is done in the form of using WhatsApp since I held out a long tie without a texting plan included.

--
Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're thinking too much.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Stock messenger app, SwiftKey and Nova Prime.

Most of my texting is done in the form of using WhatsApp since I held out a long tie without a texting plan included.

--
Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're thinking too much.
I sometimes feel bad that I use Nova Launcher instead of Google now launcher since its a Google phone. Lol but nova launcher has so many more customization features and I love the fact that you can put more icons that dock bar without putting them in folders for easier access, and making the icons look smaller so you can actually see your wallpaper lol

MikeCorsten

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
I use Hangouts for SMS

WhatsApp for images and videos to share photos of my son and daughter, that I don't want to put on social media, it's also the main messaging app between my Fiancee and I.

Google Now Launcher for the full Google Now experience, although I'm considering adding Nova back as I fancy customising the icons on my Nexus

I use Swiftkey Neural, and have been using this since they released the beta. It's IMHO the best keyboard app out there.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I use Hangouts for SMS

WhatsApp for images and videos to share photos of my son and daughter, that I don't want to put on social media, it's also the main messaging app between my Fiancee and I.

Google Now Launcher for the full Google Now experience, although I'm considering adding Nova back as I fancy customising the icons on my Nexus

I use Swiftkey Neural, and have been using this since they released the beta. It's IMHO the best keyboard app out there.
So I try to update to the newest version of the Google Search app last night once again on my Nexus 6 and this morning I try to do some voice searches via lock screen on my phone and it just doesn't work it's broken. When it tries to do the search results the little colorful balls just keep on circling and and never speaks the commands versus the older version of the app which always works beautifully. I still believe Google broke the search app on the newest version. Besides, the newer app in the running list of apps for RAM usage takes up way more memory than the older previous version did I don't know what Google did to it but I uninstalled it in reverted back to the older version which worked flawlessly.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Messenger, Google keyboard and Google Now Launcher.
Like I said, my biggest gripe the Google now launcher is a fact that you can minimize or make the icons of apps smaller so they close the desktop and you can't see nice looking wallpaper. I tried that icon pack changer from the Google Play Store, and it does make the icons of apps smaller but the folder that you put the icons in are still huge circles versus nova launcher where you can change the way the folders looked as well.

MikeCorsten

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
So I try to update to the newest version of the Google Search app last night once again on my Nexus 6 and this morning I try to do some voice searches via lock screen on my phone and it just doesn't work it's broken. When it tries to do the search results the little colorful balls just keep on circling and and never speaks the commands versus the older version of the app which always works beautifully. I still believe Google broke the search app on the newest version. Besides, the newer app in the running list of apps for RAM usage takes up way more memory than the older previous version did I don't know what Google did to it but I uninstalled it in reverted back to the older version which worked flawlessly.

No issues here. There's a tiny delay in the unlocking of the phone to Google Now opening, after saying OK Google, then I ask and bam, job done.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
No issues here. There's a tiny delay in the unlocking of the phone to Google Now opening, after saying OK Google, then I ask and bam, job done.
Like I said, whenever I update my Google Search app on my phone and never works correctly through the lock screen so I just reverted back to old version.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty