Can't log into Facebook App

NJ Fred

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Own a Verizon N6 - fully updated to 6.0.1 with current security patches. The device is rooted via the Wugfresh app.

The Facebook app has worked flawlessly since I installed it more than seven months ago. Yesterday, it began rejecting my password when I attempted to sign in.

I checked the password many times and it was correct. I am able to sign on from both my desktop and laptop computers using that password.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Facebook app from the Play Store three times thus far only to encounter the same problem.

I am able to log into Facebook via the phone's browser and the Messenger app works fine.

Any and all guidance will be sincerely appreciated.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Own a Verizon N6 - fully updated to 6.0.1 with current security patches. The device is rooted via the Wugfresh app.

The Facebook app has worked flawlessly since I installed it more than seven months ago. Yesterday, it began rejecting my password when I attempted to sign in.

I checked the password many times and it was correct. I am able to sign on from both my desktop and laptop computers using that password.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Facebook app from the Play Store three times thus far only to encounter the same problem.

I am able to log into Facebook via the phone's browser and the Messenger app works fine.

Any and all guidance will be sincerely appreciated.
That's odd.

You might want to change the Facebook password just to make sure that's not the issue. Take a look on how to do that here: https://www.facebook.com/help/213395615347144

NJ Fred

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for your kind help.

Eureka, I found the problem. For reasons I cannot figure out (and don't care since the problem is cured), the FB app on my phone stopped accepting my password. Odd since log-ons from my desktop and laptops went through without difficulty.

I elected to change my password via my desktop. After doing so, FB on my N6 works as it did before.

And so it goes . . .

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greenbelte15