Overview mode

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Okay so I know that in lollipop and marshmallow the overview motor multitasking mode the phone is supposed to be very efficient as far as the operating system goes never very small footprint and you're supposed to be able to handle a lot of apps in the background. How many here actually close at all the background running apps vs leaving them open? Do you actually noticed any speed performance after you close out every app?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I almost never manually close apps, unless I suspect them to be misbehaving. For example, I suspect that if I leave the Chrome browser on the mobile Facebook site without closing Chrome (either by manually closing the tab or swiping it away in the Recent Apps list), it seems to contribute to increased Chrome battery usage--it almost seems like the Facebook site prevents Chrome from truly pausing in the background. Also, I've noticed that after my daughter has been playing Minecraft on her Nexus 7, but then goes back to the homescreen and then puts the tablet on idle, the tablet tends to have significant battery drain. If I swipe Minecraft away before putting the tablet on idle, this doesn't seem to happen.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I almost never manually close apps, unless I suspect them to be misbehaving. For example, I suspect that if I leave the Chrome browser on the mobile Facebook site without closing Chrome (either by manually closing the tab or swiping it away in the Recent Apps list), it seems to contribute to increased Chrome battery usage--it almost seems like the Facebook site prevents Chrome from truly pausing in the background. Also, I've noticed that after my daughter has been playing Minecraft on her Nexus 7, but then goes back to the homescreen and then puts the tablet on idle, the tablet tends to have significant battery drain. If I swipe Minecraft away before putting the tablet on idle, this doesn't seem to happen.
You know it's interesting you mention that, because I've never really not going to close down apps in the background on it. The only reason I'm mentioning it now is because I've noticed a slight sluggishness on my Nexus 6 but nothing where I care too much about it. I was just wondering what everyone else take on this is. I mean like I keep on saying, I love my Nexus 6 I love the big screen watching TV movies on it except it's awesome! The 6p is nice but it's a little narrower and I know it's only a 5.7 inch screen but it just feels different. I love the build quality of the Nexus 6.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
In general, I recommend to all users not to manually close apps, and just to let the system take care of that automatically. But I thought I'd mention those two issues above because there are usually exceptions to the rule. So if it starts being more of an issue for you, you might consider experimenting a bit and seeing if force-closing an app helps. Culprit apps are often ones that are also using an unusually high amount of battery.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
In general, I recommend to all users not to manually close apps, and just to let the system take care of that automatically. But I thought I'd mention those two issues above because there are usually exceptions to the rule. So if it starts being more of an issue for you, you might consider experimenting a bit and seeing if force-closing an app helps. Culprit apps are often ones that are also using an unusually high amount of battery.
Thank you my phone is back to normal now again.

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Just reduce Windows animation, and
Transition animation, and animator duration and any phone stops lagging. It's the first thing I do on any phone.

Posted via Serenity

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Just reduce Windows animation, and
Transition animation, and animator duration and any phone stops lagging. It's the first thing I do on any phone.

Posted via Serenity
When you say we do it's mines and .5 x already. And that just to speed up the look of performance.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I use 0...

Posted via Serenity
Well, no animations at all? Isn't that the beauty of a lollipop?Lol OS based animations.

Also, today, there's significant battery drained but there's a screenshot to show you where it's coming from. It's saying the Google app for voice typing on my watch is triggering it. But isn't that what the Moto 360 and the Android Wear is for though

Well, I figured I'd try it Nova battery in one more time because last time I tried Nova Launcher vs. Google Now launcher on my Nexus six, I did see battery in significant battery in case for some reason it's unexplainable those so I'll report back with results.

db3d99ef328d2d816657e8c9fea650c2.jpg

Last edited:

TacoKingYo

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
I mainly close apps when I'm not going to use them for a while. IE I don't use chrome very often so when I'm done with it I swipe it.

However, Snapchat is a bugger. I have to close the app every time I leave it or I risk FC or other bugs (Snapchat just needs to be reprogrammed from bottom up but the developers have already done too much for that to happen - yet the longer they wait the more they'll have to catch up)

Posted via the Android Central App

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I mainly close apps when I'm not going to use them for a while. IE I don't use chrome very often so when I'm done with it I swipe it.

However, Snapchat is a bugger. I have to close the app every time I leave it or I risk FC or other bugs (Snapchat just needs to be reprogrammed from bottom up but the developers have already done too much for that to happen - yet the longer they wait the more they'll have to catch up)

Posted via the Android Central App
Oh, I see what you mean. Like I stated , I'm trying got remedy the issue by using nova launcher again to see if that'll somehow fix that weird issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan