Did anyone lose ability to connect to Google Play Services after the April Security Update?

A

AC Question

I have a Nexus 6, and after updating to the April Security fixes I am repeatedly getting the "Google Play Services has stopped working" pop-up, as well as other processes that keep failing. No Google Apps will open without crashing immediately (most importantly Hangouts), and I can no longer send SMS's because I can't access settings either to switch the default SMS app back to something that won't crash. Help? Other than manually changing the operating system back to an older stable version?

rtr29

Apr 19, 2016
Visit site
So, the problem is bigger than I thought. I also get "android.process.media" crashing every time it gets called, as well as "Exchange Services" failures. I can't access Settings in any capacity, it crashes immediately. This is also bad because I can't backup via USB, as I can't change the USB protocol off of "USB for Charging" to "USB for File Transfer". I am planning to do a factory reset once I upload as much as I can to Google Drive, which still works.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm