Nexus 6 Camera App Very Laggy

wxrusss8

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
I typically use the stock Google camera app when taking pics, and it runs OK 70% of the time. The other 30% of the time it is extremely janky and laggy, it hangs up and force closes, especially when the battery is below 20%. I've tried other camera apps, but with not much improvement. Anyone else have this issue? Is there a fix?

Posted via the Android Central App

aximtreo

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
There is a new app called ProShot in the store. I used it by choice in my Windows Phone days. Give it a try. It's a new app but it runs great on my Nexus 6.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I've had the same problems. Factory reset didn't fix it. I've mostly accepted it as a general problem with the phone - camera is very slow to be ready to use, and occasionally fails to load at all. When it does work, it takes fine pictures at least.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
What I have noticed is that it's slow to Startup, slow it I switch between HDR+ mode and Photo Sphere mode in panorama mode it's not bug you just very slow and sluggish the interface without being on marshmallows very outdated. I'm still on lollipop because I'm rooted and the only reason I go to new software and relock my bootloader down again is to upgraded my phone to the Nexus 6p. Now, thankfully I haven't gotten any errors taking pictures or the app crashing but it's very slow indeed.

uncrx2003

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
It has become almost unusable for me. Something has caused it to become very laggy after the previous 2 updates. I'm going to try another app now.

uncrx2003

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
Decided to give ProShots a try and it's a great app. Only difference is the HDR feature. Super fast when it comes to shutter speed.

Victor Guajardo

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem that starts occurring when install 6.0.1, I recently updated to Nougat 7.0 and the camera and hdr is working perfect, no lag, no hang ups. I just update, not a clean install.

I typically use the stock Google camera app when taking pics, and it runs OK 70% of the time. The other 30% of the time it is extremely janky and laggy, it hangs up and force closes, especially when the battery is below 20%. I've tried other camera apps, but with not much improvement. Anyone else have this issue? Is there a fix?

Posted via the Android Central App

spawndoodling

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
So. Much. Lag. Also, I am experiencing a problem where lines of colors flash frequently when using the camera. When my battery is below 30%, the camera is basically unusable unless I'm standing absolutely still. It's such a disappointment, because photo quality is good in everything but low light. Also, apps like Snapchat are basically unusable.

ranibane0309

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
The camera on my handset totally sucks... Super Kathy, veetical color lines flashing on the screen, sometimes it even won't save the pictures.. the saving progress bar just hangs at about 80%... Do you have these other issues as well ? Were you able to resolve the issue ?

bigmick777

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
I gave up on the n6, reluctantly but current live with the camera issues / lag. I reset cache, hard reset phone and had the latest ota updates from the Google site but was still the same, worse when battery level dropped.