Bluetooth Audio Problems with Nexus 6, how can I fix this?

MikeCPA9

Jun 24, 2016
Visit site
Bluetooth Audio Problems with Nexus 6

I'm hoping someone else has experienced this problem and can help because no searches are helping. I have a Google Nexus 6. Sometimes when I connect to a bluetooth speaker, the app is actually controlled by the bluetooth device (skip, pause, play, etc.) but the audio comes out of the phone's speaker instead of the bluetooth speaker. This most often happens when I'm listening to the SiriusXM on demand app through my Ford C-Max with the Sync system. It will work fine and connect automatically and work fine a few times. Then the next time I'll hear the audio coming out of my pocket instead of the car. The only thing that seems to fix it is to restart my phone. But that only works a few times, then I have to power down the phone again. I've also had it happen with other apps like Pandora. It's also happened with a portable bluetooth speaker. as I was troubleshooting. I think maybe it started around the time I did a factory reset on my phone once. I've tried every combination of deleting the Nexus 6 from the Sync system, disconnecting bluetooth, erasing the Sync from my phone, etc. The only thing that seems to work is to restart the phone. Any ideas what I'm dealing with?

dmansouri

Jun 24, 2016
Visit site
Re: Bluetooth Audio Problems with Nexus 6

I have the exact same problem with my Moto X Pure Edition. The most infuriating thing about it is that it's intermittent and I have never found a pattern. Sometimes the Bluetooth connection to my car system and headset work flawlessly, sometimes I get no connection, sometimes the playback controls work and the audio still comes out of the phone speakers.

MikeCPA9

Jun 24, 2016
Visit site
Re: Bluetooth Audio Problems with Nexus 6

What do we have in common Dmansouri? Are you using Ford Sync? Is it mostly a specific app or all apps? Your problem sounds the same as mine.

MikeCPA9

Jun 24, 2016
Visit site
I may have made the problem a little better by running "clear cache partition". Only time will tell. I tried to call Nexus support who transferred me to Motorola who said the phone wasn't in warranty even though it is. No help. Hopefully something will stick...the factory resets have not worked.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan