Any Nexus 6 owners switching to the Nexus 2016?

udnh

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
Based on early leaks, are you guys interested in the upcoming nexus devices?

I need to change my phone as the camera is no longer satisfactory for my needs, but based on first leaks the upcoming nexus devices don't look too exciting. Still, if camera and battery life are good I'll probably get one.

Those bezels though...

Posted via the Android Central App

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site
We don't know for sure if those leaked images are real or not. We'll just have to wait and see. I don't care about bezel size though. Screen size/quality and fast performance are all that matter to me. I'm probably going to buy one in 2017 when I can get one half price. I refuse to pay full price any more.

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I bought a second N6 last September because I suspected then that I wouldn't be seeing a better phone with a 6" QHD display, two front-firing speakers and a Nexus-like UX any time soon.

To date, the only phone that comes close is the rumored HP Elite X3, but that's got four or 5 very likely strikes against it even before release: it's a Windows phone, it's allegedly only going to be available for "enterprise" customers, it's sporting speakers by Bang & Olufsen (whose components never sound as impressive as their name), it's being made by HP (the sketchiest dice throw of all), and the only thing anyone ever says about the camera is that it'll have a 16MP sensor.

Laughinghyena

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I just purchase a nexus 6, came from the note 5. It's a beast of a phone and I'm really enjoying it. One handed use is out considering I'm a woman with average woman sized hands, but that's not a deal breaker. My husband has large hands and can't use it one handed. He prefers his iPhone 5

The nexus 6 feels better in the hand that it appears. Another pleasant surprise.

Posted via the Android Central App

jmssarno

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
I've had my N6 since its initial release date and so far I haven't had enough of a reason to "upgrade" from this phone....

I'm intrigued by this year's crop of new Nexus devices and seeing what they have to offer. Although I'm starting to get the new phone itch, I can't see myself leaving a 6" screen and dual front speakers.

Unless I'm blown away by the rumored devices from HTC & Huawei, I'll be staying with my beloved N6...

Android Central App
Nexus 6

NJ Fred

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Although I am happy with my Verizon N6, I confess to being the type who always hunts for the better mouse trap.

My considerations are screen size and processor.

I will wait to see the new Nexus before committing.

Dan_B1979

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
I'll be interested to see what the next Nexus comes out as, but seeing as I've gone from a Nexus 6 through the iPhone 6 Plus/6S Plus, Note 5 & a Nexus 6P and now I'm back to the Nexus 6...

It'll have to be a great spec'd phone to better the N6 IMO

I've got slab like hands, so it suits me to a tee and can use it one handed easy enough, but for me, the rest simply haven't come up to expectations when it comes to the screen size and the simple UX, running even nicer with Nova using DCIconZ etc...

The N6P is a lovely phone, as is the Note 5, but the Nexus 6 is built the best IMO

Last edited:

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I still like my N6 too much to replace it. When I do get a new phone (Axon 7, Nexus 6P or OnePlus 3) I'll probably just rotate every 2-4 weeks.

Dismaster

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm sticking with my N6, nothing is enticing me to upgrade. I will now not be able to go back to a smaller screen since owning the N6. I would welcome a better camera but am plenty happy as is.

wtherrell

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
Probably stick with my 6. I hear the "Marlin" will be smaller @ 5.5" and no front firing speakers. Most likely a deal killer. A 128 gb or SD card version with removable battery at a reasonable price would be very tempting, however.

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I hear the "Marlin" will be smaller @ 5.5" and no front firing speakers.
You know, if I had to go with a 5.5" phone with no ff speakers, I'd still ignore the Marlin in favor of one of the Moto Z's, once Verizon's done with them. The Z's look infinitely better than the alleged images of the 2016 Nexii we've been treated to, you can get around the lack of ff speakers by buying an additional mod (and with any luck someone will come up with a more elegant looking speaker mod than that fat JBL brick), and there's Moto Display and Moto Voice thrown in as well.

The only damaging question marks about the Z's right now (before we get reviews of all of these phones) are related to the strength of Lenovo's commitment to updates and customer service; on the other hand, the only glaring strength of the Marlin (again, before the reviews are in) seems to be guaranteed access to monthly updates and the 2017 round of developer previews.

ODog2323

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I passed on the 6P because of the screen size. Otherwise it looks like a good offering. Doesn't look like we'll be getting a 6" device this year either, so I may just stick with my N6 a bit longer.

The only thing that ever held it back was battery performance, which is now particularly bad on N beta. Maybe they'll pull off a miracle with the final release!

I'm actually considering buying another N6 to keep around as a backup.

AC App
Nexus 6

NJ Fred

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
After lengthy deliberation, I have pre-ordered a Samsung Galaxy Note 7.

I am not, in any way, dissatisfied with my N6. It has been a well-performing handset that met my expectations. This is the proverbial hunt for a better mousetrap as I am a confessed gadget guy. Besides, for $35.00, I can return the Note 7 within fourteen days and revert back to the N6.

I took an LG V10 for a brief period of time recently. That went back since I was not pleased by the absence of a color LED for notifications. My N6 (thanks to guidance received via this forum) was rooted and I used Light Flow for notifications.

udnh

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
After lengthy deliberation, I have pre-ordered a Samsung Galaxy Note 7.

I am not, in any way, dissatisfied with my N6. It has been a well-performing handset that met my expectations. This is the proverbial hunt for a better mousetrap as I am a confessed gadget guy. Besides, for $35.00, I can return the Note 7 within fourteen days and revert back to the N6.

I took an LG V10 for a brief period of time recently. That went back since I was not pleased by the absence of a color LED for notifications. My N6 (thanks to guidance received via this forum) was rooted and I used Light Flow for notifications.

I'd be curious to hear your impressions once you get the device. I was thinking about the galaxy s7e to replace my nexus 6, mainly for the camera, but I don't think I'm ready to leave stock android and on-screen buttons.