Lock Screen Wallpaper Won't Change

ODog2323

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Anyone ever have this happen? I've tried changing my wallpaper through Google Photos, Quickpic, and Nova Launcher, but the lock screen wallpaper refuses to update.

Have to say, this latest build of N beta seems like a big step back words...

AC App
Nexus 6

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Anyone ever have this happen? I've tried changing my wallpaper through Google Photos, Quickpic, and Nova Launcher, but the lock screen wallpaper refuses to update.

Have to say, this latest build of N beta seems like a big step back words...

AC App
Nexus 6

It could be an issue with N Preview. I would suggest clearing cache and trying again. There appears to be workarounds that require you to install a third-party launcher or use a wallpaper app to assign the wallpaper.

You can try that alternative or wait to see if the issue is fixed in the official N release.

Sumit Sangtani

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
From d default Google now launcher, long press on any of ur home screens. Then select d wallpaper option. From there select your favorite wallpaper and press 'set wallpaper' then it will ask you if u want to set it as home screen, lock screen or both. Most other apps will only change d home screen wallpaper.

Posted via the Android Central App

ODog2323

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Kind of an annoying workaround since I'm on Nova Launcher, but that did the trick. Thanks!

Hopefully that gets straightened out on the N final release.

AC App
Nexus 6

Last edited:

Sumit Sangtani

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
You can also do this from settings>display>wallpaper>Google now launcher, if u don't wanna switch launchers everytime

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance