Tell us when you get the 7.0 update

Dan_B1979

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
Sim free N6 here and running Nougat with no issues at all...

Copilot sat navigation was a bit iffy but seems to have settled now, I'm not a heavy user though.

Everything else works spot on

kjharrison

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
Got 7.0 last night after joining the beta program. Loving it. Still have the old navigation buttons. Are the new navigation buttons only for Pixel phones?

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Just curious, anyone using a Google unlocked, unbranded Nexus 6 on AT&T get an OTA update. I have a feeling they (AT&T) are going to be the last to get the 7.0 update just like what happened with anyone using an unlocked Nexus 6 when the 6.0 Marshmallow update came up, AT&T was about 2 months behind everyone else and it didn't matter where you bought your phone.

Still no one on AT&T (unlocked/unbranded/non-beta program) yet?

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site

I am on AT&T, I received the update this morning, but.. I was using my other phone this past week, so I removed the SIM card, wiped my Nexus 6 and did a full factory reset, then set it up just with the preloaded apps and my Google account nothing else, just left it sitting like that on WIFI at home 3 days later (today) the update showed up.
P. S. My Nexus 6 is unlocked Google play store version but has been only used on AT&T since I got it.

kct1975

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
I got 7.0 on 10/19, Sprint. Seems fine so far.
Yah...I just got mine yesterday!
c8fc3d2c186f424784404977f4ed25ad.jpg

RoadBicyclist

May 16, 2010
Visit site
On Sprint, got mine yesterday, no working SIM right after, seems I'm the only one with the issue so far. Love my N6, want it back to normal!!! :(

Sprint store was clueless, CS sending me a new SIM card, so far it has not shipped though, not even one available locally, terrible service!

uncrx2003

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
Decided to get it through beta tonight. I think it runs much better especially the camera. Have not seen the freezing part tonight.

rickms80

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site

Not yet. Only way is to go around at&t. I recommend side-loading the OTA from google.

With the Nexus 6 it didn't matter where you purchased the phone. It would associate itself with whatever network sim that's installed for OTAs. The website below will be updated when at&t approves Nougat for N6, if you don't want to fool with the workarounds.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ml%23%21%2Fwireless%2FKB425950&token=yEE_0cVr

side note: At the time I posted this at&t has only approved an October Security Update to Marshmallow(MMB30Y)

Rheumatoid

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
Impressed so far. Seems much snappier and don't think I need to do factory reset yet like I usually do after an update. Battery life is much improved. Still at 81% and usually below 50 at this time of the day. Only thing it did affect was nova launcher which wouldn't stay set and every time I tried to do anything the phone would revert back to Google launcher. I can live without it at the moment though.

dculprit12

Feb 9, 2012
Visit site
Received the OTA on Sprint 10/19. Seems a bit snappier. Battery much better at home. Good signal and Wifi connection. At work with no Wifi and a poor signal it seems pretty much the same as before the update.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress