No August OTA update

Sumit Sangtani

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
I unenrolled my Nexus 6 from the Android 7 beta program when i was on dp5, before they announced the final version of 7. The marshmallow ota came quickly enough but after installing it i was on the july patch and no ota for August patch comes up when i check for updates. Now i know i can sideload the ota from the developer site but i wanted to know if this has happened to anyone else. Did google stop the August ota due to bugs or something?

rickms80

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I unenrolled my Nexus 6 from the Android 7 beta program when i was on dp5, before they announced the final version of 7. The marshmallow ota came quickly enough but after installing it i was on the july patch and no ota for August patch comes up when i check for updates. Now i know i can sideload the ota from the developer site but i wanted to know if this has happened to anyone else. Did google stop the August ota due to bugs or something?

I just unenrolled myself. I'll confirm let you know when my phone finally boots. How long did it take yours to boot after installing the OTA back to 6.0.1? Mine has been stuck booting for about 30 mins now.

almath

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I joined the beta, still enrolled and yes it is on the July patch. Don't know whether to be concerned or not. Liking nougat though... Nexus 6

Sumit Sangtani

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
I just unenrolled myself. I'll confirm let you know when my phone finally boots. How long did it take yours to boot after installing the OTA back to 6.0.1? Mine has been stuck booting for about 30 mins now.
30 mins seem right, i don't remember exactly but it took a long time

Sumit Sangtani

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
I joined the beta, still enrolled and yes it is on the July patch. Don't know whether to be concerned or not. Liking nougat though... Nexus 6

Yes everyone who is enrolled is on the july patch, but i unenrolled and got marshmallow and i'm still on the july patch when there is a august OTA available for the nexus 6

almath

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Yes everyone who is enrolled is on the july patch, but i unenrolled and got marshmallow and i'm still on the july patch when there is a august OTA available for the nexus 6
I had the August patch before I enrolled and now I'm back on the July patch. I understand what you're saying, though.

Sumit Sangtani

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Google also announced that they are rolling out the nougat ota for nexus 6 n 6p starting today. Lets see what happens

It seems this might not be true, Android headlines reported this citing the nexus twitter handle as the source but i checked the source n it says nexus 6 n 6p will get the ota update in the coming weeks, which does not necessarily mean it has started

rickms80

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
That's strange. I'll wait a few days to see if the septmeber OTA arrives otherwise I'll just have to sideload

It's because I have an at&t sim. For whatever reason they haven't approved the new radio in MOB. Either because of an issue with it or they haven't gotten around to it. I'm fairly positive it will take a few months for Nexus 6 to see Nougat after it's released with at&t unless I side-load of course.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ml%23%21%2Fwireless%2FKB425950&token=LfK0p1Bx

Sumit Sangtani

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site

Sumit Sangtani

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone tell me which ota i should flash since there r multiple builds for nexus 6. I'm currently on MMB30K for my international unlocked variant.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylorhudson5670