Broken recovery mode!

jeffrok

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
Sorry if this has been posted about already, but I'm desperate to fix this ASAP..

About a month ago I loaded the Nougat beta onto my phone.. I didn't like the way it was killing my battery, so opted out the beta. After my phone rebooted and was erasing data in preparation for downgrading to Marshmallow again, it got stuck on "erasing" for literally 45 minutes or more. I went online and found I wasn't the only beta user to experience this. Many people did a force reboot, which is what I did, to get back to the Marshmallow setup screen.

Unfortunately, since then, whenever I try to get into recovery mode to wipe the cache, it goes to an "erasing" screen, much like the one I experienced after I first removed myself from the Nougat beta program. So basically, selecting recovery puts me into a data erase screen every time. Needless to say, this is the last time I'll be trying recovery mode until I can get help doing a FULL reset on my phone, including a fresh stock bootloader/recovery mode..

Being very novice at the boot screen stuff, but pretty computer literate, what is my next step to getting to a REAL "fresh" setup?

Thanks!

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Erasing the encrypted partition can take a couple of hours (or even more at times). Plug your phone onto a charger, and let the erase step run thru' to completion (personally, I'd just leave it overnight)

jeffrok

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
Erasing the encrypted partition can take a couple of hours (or even more at times). Plug your phone onto a charger, and let the erase step run thru' to completion (personally, I'd just leave it overnight)

But why is it when I'm selecting Recovery Mode, does it automatically go to erasing my data? It shouldn't be doing that

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
But why is it when I'm selecting Recovery Mode, does it automatically go to erasing my data? It shouldn't be doing that

My guess: Because you indirectly initiated the wipe when you elected to go back to Marshmallow. You may have shut the phone down, but the phone still knows that it has to wipe.

jeffrok

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
So you're thinking let the wipe finish, and then re-set up Android? I mean, I'm working fine now, after interrupting yet another attempt to enter recovery (followed by the start of the data wipe, which I interrupted, and that was followed by an Android setup screen).. I'll just wait for 7.0.. Maybe that will repair some things.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante