Still haven't received 7.0?

mxmarcus

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Got it yesterday, my SIM died immediately after, service on Sprint, restarted phone several times, tried almost everything, nothing. SIM works with LTE for about 5 minutes or less after restarting, very frustrating.

Went to Sprint store, they're lost, will send me a new SIM since N6 SIMs are not kept in stock, no stores had them around.

Anyway, have 7.0, but no working phone, seems I'm the only one after reading the forums! :(
Pure bs from the rep saying they don't have n6 sim in stock. it's a nano sim used by every new phone

rsimandl

Sep 11, 2015
Visit site
Not only does my N6 still not have Nougat, it just received 11/2016 "Security Updates" for Marshmallow. So I'm thinking the Nougat upgrade is NOT exactly imminent.

rickms80

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
It's unlocked and should come from Google.

You're right. The OTA's do come from Google, after the carriers approve the OTA.

The North American Unlocked Nexus 6(XT1103) is subject to carrier update approval no matter where you purchased it. If say a N6 purchased from Google has a sim inserted from Verizon it will be subject to Verizon OTA approval. If you then switch that N6's sim to at&t. The phone will then be subject to at&t OTA approval. Google did this to get the Nexus 6 in carrier stores. It was sold by Sprint, Verizon, T-Mobile, and at&t. The carrier stores sold the same unlocked model. Google didn't differentiate the phones sold in carrier stores from the ones sold directly by them. So to please the carriers, Google was like ok... If you're sim is the phone you get to OK the OTA's and the carriers were like...OK we will sell your phone.

I'm with at&t and I'm very annoyed that at&t is stuck in the middle of my OTA's even though I bought my Nexus 6 from Google but it is what it is. I finally got tired of waiting on at&t and started side loading the OTA's.

At this time neither at&t or verizon has approved Nougat. Just a Marshmallow Security Update.
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e....com/devicehowto/tutorial.html&token=GV8rVMQR
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...support/google-nexus-6-update/&token=FlfIzyE6

The only way to get around this carrier blockaded is side loading, sim switch trick(inserting a sim from a carrier that has approved Nougat), beta enrollment trick, or remove sim and factory reset without sim trick.

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
"I'm with at&t and I'm very annoyed that at&t is stuck in the middle of my OTA's even though I bought my Nexus 6 from Google but it is what it is. I finally got tired of waiting on at&t and started side loading the OTA's."

You held out one for a helluva long time, though! It's evidence of just how big a PITA AT&T can be that they managed to stretch your patience to the breaking point.

Rich215

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Odd, I had setup the beta nougat on my N6 awhile ago then d-enrolled. Phone is a backup unit, so I dont have it on often. I did a few days ago to update apps and my contact list on it. Then today I started it up and got a System Update of 7.0.

Maybe it was from Verizon? It did not take long to update, so wondering if it just updated a few file from the beta?

rickms80

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Odd, I had setup the beta nougat on my N6 awhile ago then d-enrolled. Phone is a backup unit, so I dont have it on often. I did a few days ago to update apps and my contact list on it. Then today I started it up and got a System Update of 7.0.

Maybe it was from Verizon? It did not take long to update, so wondering if it just updated a few file from the beta?

After reading this post. I decided to check Verizon and they have approved Nougat for Nexus 6.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...82&cvosrc=affiliate.cj.7293382&token=N9yeDYmv

panzerghost

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I joined the beta about a week ago and still no OTA for Nougat. If the OTA hasn't come by 7.1.1 I'll just flash it manually. Carriers aside Google really screwed Nexus owners with the pixel. Several other phones have 7.0 before a fair share of Nexus' do, defeating one of the main purposes of having a Nexus. I shouldn't have to flash it manually with a Nexus but I will if I have to.

Nik Ivanov

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm on Fi and no update either, granted I had some issues going on with the phone and was out of commission for a bit, thought maybe I missed it. Now it appears I'm more updated than others since I'm on the November patch...

Rather disappointed by the lack of updates to the N6, considering 7.1 is out now this is rather terrible.

krishnansasikumar

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
As per the latest news, Nexus devices will start receiving Nougat 7.1 from Dec 6th onwards. Thats the date for N6P though. Hopefully it wont take much longer for Nexus 6 to get it since its in line as well.

Rich215

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
As per the latest news, Nexus devices will start receiving Nougat 7.1 from Dec 6th onwards. Thats the date for N6P though. Hopefully it wont take much longer for Nexus 6 to get it since its in line as well.

As my prior post states....I got the Verizon Nougat update last week on my N6.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Just use google and youtube and learn how to sideload files. Google has made the 7.0 OTA available for quite a while now. This way you never have to wait for the update ever again.

krishnansasikumar

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
December and no updates. Contacted Fi support and they gave the usual reply that it's being done in batches and they don't know when a specific model will receive the update.

My wife's IPhone 6 still gets updates as soon as Apple releases it. That's one big advantage of having an iPhone.

The 2 things along me from moving over are customization and Fi sim.