problem with Google photos 2.2

udnh

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
Is anyone having problems with the latest Google photo update? Mine has stopped uploading new photos or videos (well, it says it's uploading, but it just doesn't get uploaded)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm seeing a number of complaints about the latest update (dated 10/12/16 in the Play Store). Most complaints are about excessive battery use, but there have also been a few mentioning problems with uploads. Check out the recent reviews in the Google Play Store. For now, you may want to uninstall all updates (if possible -- I'm not sure if Photos was preinstalled on the N6) and wait for the next update to be released by Google.

He Chen

May 15, 2016
Visit site
Latest update of Google Photos SUCKS!
Google Photos version 2.2.0.135750339
Device HTC 10
- Backup issues, I've tried everything possible
- Drains battery more than all other other app COMBINED, and not even backing up
- After taking a picture with camera, it never shows up until force stop Google Photos and starts it again

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Ill chime in and agree that after the 10/12/16 google photos update my S7 Edge is running hot, sluggish and bad battery life.
If you have not updated the app,, dont,,

udnh

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback guys. I went to the playstore to check out recent reviews but it was too early then. Anyway, after clearing the data for five times it started working again.

For B. Diddy - yes, Photos was preloaded on the Nexus 6 and there was no other photo gallery app in fact.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The latest update probably fixed it -- although LeoRex, one of our other Ambassadors, was telling me that he thought it had more to do with the server side. In any case, my Photos battery drain seems to have resolved itself.