Nexus 6 Parody of Pixel Promo

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Great video :) My Nexus 6 just met kid induced screen explosion syndrome :( Otherwise it was still running great.

Just curious, what do they mean by it's not supported as of Oct. 2016?

Ryan_O_H

Oct 16, 2016
Visit site
Hello I am the creator of this video.

Thank you for posting it out here and spreading it around. Before now I didn't even have an Android Central account. :D

QWIKSTRIKE

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I can't believe that Google is ending support for the Nexus 6. Seems like they are becoming like every other MFG that wants to sell new phones... they end support for the phones that still be supported. This is the reason why IOS is so popular...they are in support of most all of the phones they have sold. I will most likely stop buying Google phones if this will be the Norm. I already bought the Note 7, but it must go back...I temporarily bought a Nexus 6P until a new Note type phone is introduced. The Nexus 5/6 phones that I owned were top performers software wise, but Pixels are not worthy of the prices Googles is asking.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I can't believe that Google is ending support for the Nexus 6. Seems like they are becoming like every other MFG that wants to sell new phones... they end support for the phones that still be supported. This is the reason why IOS is so popular...they are in support of most all of the phones they have sold. I will most likely stop buying Google phones if this will be the Norm. I already bought the Note 7, but it must go back...I temporarily bought a Nexus 6P until a new Note type phone is introduced.

No guaranteed OS updates for the Nexus 6. But it'll get guaranteed security updates for one more year.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I can't believe that Google is ending support for the Nexus 6. Seems like they are becoming like every other MFG that wants to sell new phones... they end support for the phones that still be supported. This is the reason why IOS is so popular...they are in support of most all of the phones they have sold. I will most likely stop buying Google phones if this will be the Norm. I already bought the Note 7, but it must go back...I temporarily bought a Nexus 6P until a new Note type phone is introduced. The Nexus 5/6 phones that I owned were top performers software wise, but Pixels are not worthy of the prices Googles is asking.

But they aren't ending suport? It already has Nougat, has a full year of security updates left, etc?

DWooderson

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Nice video, Ryan.

I think it helps to confirm that innovation has slowed. Apple is left stunts like removing the headphone jack (and the sheeple stillstand in line to buy it), and Google just makes a different phone that is similar to a lot of other phones (except it's more expensive, and has fewer features).

QWIKSTRIKE

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
No guaranteed OS updates for the Nexus 6. But it'll get guaranteed security updates for one more year.

But they aren't ending suport? It already has Nougat, has a full year of security updates left, etc?

To only give software support only after two years is ridiculous...even Apple supports their phones for more than 2 years. I should buy a phone because I want to rather than I am being forced to because of lack of software updates.....really!

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
[/I][/B]

To only give software support only after two years is ridiculous...even Apple supports their phones for more than 2 years. I should buy a phone because I want to rather than I am being forced to because of lack of software updates.....really!

It was advertised up front as 2 years major updates and 3 years security. Also, no one is ever being forced to buy these things.

QWIKSTRIKE

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
It was advertised up front as 2 years major updates and 3 years security. Also, no one is ever being forced to buy these things.

Really...So you think that because they tell you that you are only going to get 2 years means that their software support of a phone that their competitor gives 4 years is just dandy. One has nothing to do with the other....two years support for a 700.00 device is just ridiculous. I like Google but I am not so fan boyish that I feel that their policies that rake the end user over the coals for an expensive device is ok.

I have a PC that will go as long as 4 years on the software and even longer....This can happen with Cell phones but they look to drive sales rather than to drive over all customer satisfaction. This is where Apple has them all beat, software over all customer experience. All iPhone's get software up dates for 4 years.Disclaimer....I never owned an iProduct....now what.

It's never. about being forced to buy something it'sabout after you buy it the feeling that you are not getting your moneys worth regardless of what the fine print says.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Really...So you think that because they tell you that you are only going to get 2 years means that their software support of a phone that their competitor gives 4 years is just dandy. One has nothing to do with the other....two years support for a 700.00 device is just ridiculous. I like Google but I am not so fan boyish that I feel that their policies that rake the end user over the coals for an expensive device is ok.

I have a PC that will go as long as 4 years on the software and even longer....This can happen with Cell phones but they look to drive sales rather than to drive over all customer satisfaction. This is where Apple has them all beat, software over all customer experience. All iPhone's get software up dates for 4 years.Disclaimer....I never owned an iProduct....now what.

It's never. about being forced to buy something it'sabout after you buy it the feeling that you are not getting your moneys worth regardless of what the fine print says.

But if you know what you're buying up front and decide you're fine with it and go through with it, that's where the scenario changes. Because if you're not OK with it, then tell them about it by buying from their competitors.

QWIKSTRIKE

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Agreed...that's why I bought a Note 7. Too bad it is such and explosive device. I had two that worked flawlessly, and bought a Nexus 6p just because I plan on using it temporarily until the next Note drops. I know with them I will not get the latest software update, but I am ok with that.....lol

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calvinxander08