For anyone running stock

udnh

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
I was running stock 7.0, and between all this 7.1 upgrade/downgrade and the sluggish performance of my phone, I was seriously considering getting a galaxy s8 next month.

After several years of running stock (I used custom roms a lot when I had an HTC desire), I finally decided to unlock the bootloader and install a custom rom (pure nexus), and I couldn't be happier with the result. I am now confident I can keep my N6 until the Pixel 2 is out.

So for anyone wondering what to do with their N6 and running stock, I highly recommend a custom rom!

ProBird79

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Definitely! It brings a new life to the phone.

If you're interested test out the DARK ROM I posted about (it is stable). It has the same look and feel as Pure Nexus (based on AOSP) but it is based on Lineage OS and updates OTA. I heard Pure Nexus will stop officially developing for the N6 once 7.1.2 comes out (which is very soon).

Last edited:

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I heard Pure Nexus will stop officially developing for the N6 once 7.1.2 comes out (which is very soon).
Yeah, a couple developers on XDA are already saying that they've stopped developing for the N6 because of difficulties related to making 64-bit-specific software work on 32-bit machines. Nobody seems 100% certain that development will cease--I'm mean developers apparently live to argue with one another--but it looks like we're not going to know if Shamu will get any sort of bespoke Android O love until a full build of O gets released to AOSP in the fall. That uncertainty (along with the as yet unexplained official downgrading of the 6 to 7.0) may well slam the brakes on a lot of development for our beefy beast. Could be nothin' but security updates til the bitter end.