Just read somewhere that the nexus 6 is getting android O. Will you keep the phone till then?
    04-10-2017 02:05 PM
    We don't know WHAT phones will get it! It's way WAY too soon for that! What do we know?

From Android O: Everything you need to know | Android Central

The Android O developer preview is available for the Pixel, Pixel XL, Nexus 6P, Nexus 5X, Pixel C and Nexus Player.

Remember, that doesn't mean Android O will be released for all of those devices, as we saw the Nexus 5 get developer previews for Android 7 and it was not part of the release. There is a lot of work behind the scenes with licensing and software versioning so just because a device can run the software doesn't mean it will officially see it.
    The Nexus 6 is NOT listed on the devices set to beta test the preview (although the 6P and 5X ARE), BUT this does not mean it won't get it OR that they definitely will. The only phone we can say for SURE is the Pixel 2, and of course the Pixel 1 VERY likely, beyond that who knows!
    04-10-2017 02:47 PM
    Considering the Nexus 6 will stop at 7.1.1 and NOT get 7.1.2 not sure how it will get the next version.
    pkcable likes this.
    04-10-2017 03:21 PM
    I've seen the same... that O has been spotted in testing on the N6. Not holding my breath though, since I'm still on 7.0 with the October security patch.
    04-12-2017 04:55 AM
    I can almost say for certain that it will not come to the N6 officially...
    pkcable likes this.
    04-12-2017 06:39 AM
    I can almost say for certain that it will not come to the N6 officially...
    VERY unlikely indeed, BUT we don't know. The only certains are the Pixels, the coming Pixel 2 and the original is very likely. BUT we only have past patterns to go on, nothing has been announced and it really way WAY too early to tell.

You KNOW @Jerry Hildenbrand will eventually do his famous blog about what phones will and and not get it, but it's just way too soon to speculate!
    04-12-2017 08:12 AM
    Just read somewhere that the nexus 6 is getting android O. Will you keep the phone till then?
    Actually, that kinda is why I'm keeping my N6, but not because I expect to get an OTA update served up by Google. I gave up on those last November.

I'm banking on Linneage OS and/or an offshoot Linneage ROM like Dark ROM serving up an O build for the N6 later this year (late summer? early fall?), with any luck based on a reasonably stable 8.0 beta build. Both Linneage and Dark currently have 7.1.2 builds that appear to be running well on the N6.

Not that 7.1.2 is anything to stop the presses for. But any leaks that claim Google is testing 8.0 on the Nexus 6 at least make the possibility of our getting 8.0 on a custom ROM seem less remote.
    04-12-2017 09:07 AM