Where are the cases for my New Nexus 7??

fguills

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I am not going to order it through Google play! They already have a mess with shipping there tablets. I hope ASUS releases them soon.

mkiker2089

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I was told by cases.com that they need to wait until after the general release to test fit their designs. In that respect I think cases will become more common in a few weeks. I'm very cautious about buying one now because most vendors are simply relabeling Kindle Fire cases. The Kindle's power button is on the bottom and it uses the touch screen for volume. The Nexus buttons are on the top right underneath the edge. Putting a Kindle case on it will make it hard to use those buttons.

Zikeji

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I was told by cases.com that they need to wait until after the general release to test fit their designs. In that respect I think cases will become more common in a few weeks. I'm very cautious about buying one now because most vendors are simply relabeling Kindle Fire cases. The Kindle's power button is on the bottom and it uses the touch screen for volume. The Nexus buttons are on the top right underneath the edge. Putting a Kindle case on it will make it hard to use those buttons.

Nexus 7 wouldn't fit in a Kindle Fire case.

Nexus 7 is thinner but longer than the Kindle Fire.

Size of Kindle Fire: 190 mm x 120 mm x 11.4 mm
Weight of Kindle Fire: 413 grams

Size of Nexus 7: 198.5 x 120 x 10.45mm
Weight of Nexus 7: 340g

E_man

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Nexus 7 wouldn't fit in a Kindle Fire case.

Nexus 7 is thinner but longer than the Kindle Fire.

Size of Kindle Fire: 190 mm x 120 mm x 11.4 mm
Weight of Kindle Fire: 413 grams

Size of Nexus 7: 198.5 x 120 x 10.45mm
Weight of Nexus 7: 340g
Depends on the case. Some of them use straps to hold it down, and they hold the N7 fine. Tight cases would not.

mkiker2089

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I realize the kindle is the wrong size, as well as speaker and button placement. Hence why I'm advising caution. Someone on Ebay won't really care how well it fits.

I know Marware makes good cases and they aren't offering them yet. When some names I actually recognize have them, and a human replies to my email confirming it, I may get one.

patchs

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Until a 3rd-party case has been specifically made for the Nexus 7, I'll wait.
I wish Zagg would get an Invisible Shield out ASAP.

mkiker2089

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site

Looks like the ones being sold on Amazon so check there and compare prices. As for how well it fits, no one knows. Some vendors claim that Google didn't allow them access to the devices so it's a guess based on the written specs (no test fits with real devices). Others are more optimistic. I'm waiting a few weeks for things to settle down.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zatarabr