Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    472 Global Posts
    ROM
    Jelly Bean!

Default Nexus 7 sleeves

Anyone find any good ones yet ?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Default Re: Nexus 7 sleeves

3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    472 Global Posts
    ROM
    Jelly Bean!

Ya that looks like a great sleeve but the only have pink.

4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    472 Global Posts
    ROM
    Jelly Bean!

Here's one that looks pretty good.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B008BX...idcentral00-20

I've seen other colors of the pink sleeve. Brown and green were available last week.

Global Posts
    477 Global Posts
    ROM
    HTC One Stock All the Way

I'd like to get a true sleeve case, where you slide the N7 in from the top (no zipper). The N7 is so thin I think such a case would work fine. I like the thinnest of this tablet, so I don't want to bulk it up.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

This is what I am using for the moment. It was leftover from a galaxy tab i returned and happens to fit the Nexus 7 well. It is very protective and easy to get in and out... just has a Samsung logo, but I can deal with that for now.

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Protec...idcentral00-20

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by 3:

I'm planning on getting the case listed on the play store, but I want to put the N7 with the case on it in a sleeve. For five bucks and shipping, the Google Store has an 8" X 10" sleeve that has the Google logo on it. It's on its way now. It might be a little big, but I wanted to account for the extra size of the official case.
    Vzw Staff

Global Posts
    429 Global Posts

Small_law can I get a link to this item in the google play store I only see the case / charger?
    The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving.

I'm sorry if I wasn't clear. It isn't in the Play Store, it's in the Google Store, which every once in a while has some cool stuff.

Vibe Sleeve

It's going to be big, but again I'm putting the official case on my Nexus 7 (whenever it is released and I can order it) and then putting it in this sleeve. I'm thinking there will be 2 inches or so of give in the sleeve with the N7 in its case inside. Hard to tell from going on just pictures on the play store, but cases always seem to add more bulk than they should. And at five bucks plus shipping, if it doesn't work out, I'm not out too much cash.
    Last edited by Small_law; 07-15-2012 at 04:01 AM.

Global Posts
    856 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Thumbs up Re: Nexus 7 sleeves

Quote Originally Posted by richard_rsp View Post
    This is what I am using for the moment. It was leftover from a galaxy tab i returned and happens to fit the Nexus 7 well. It is very protective and easy to get in and out... just has a Samsung logo, but I can deal with that for now.

Amazon.com: Samsung Galaxy Tab Protective Poly-Urethane Slide Release Sleeve - Black (ET-GTABBSSGSTA): Electronics

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanks for the recommendation, just ordered one until Google or Asus release their cases/sleeves

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

Thanks for the tip. I have one of these cases and wondered.

I am using the Kindle Fire zip sleeve. The N7 fits perfectly in it. I picked it up at Staples.

Quote Originally Posted by Whorne View Post
    I am using the Kindle Fire zip sleeve. The N7 fits perfectly in it. I picked it up at Staples.
    Could you post a link?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I just ordered this one until the day I can find the *perfect* case with folding magnet front flap that also doubles as a stand. I'll keep it anyway in case I go on trips. If it's going to be used in a hotel room, then why not just use a sleeve?

http://www.etsy.com/listing/10381914...re?ref=pr_shop

I have a similar one to this for my Asus Eee PC that was made from old tweet coats and dress pants. Looks super classy and simple. I don't like how bold a lot of retail cases/sleeves are, so this one looks casual and simple. It also doesn't look like an obvious target for theft, as it doesn't scream "electronics inside".
    Thanked by 2:

Global Posts
    113 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pokingmon View Post
    I just ordered this one until the day I can find the *perfect* case with folding magnet front flap that also doubles as a stand. I'll keep it anyway in case I go on trips. If it's going to be used in a hotel room, then why not just use a sleeve?

Chevron Kindle Sleeve Pocket Kindle fire sleeve by sewwonder

I have a similar one to this for my Asus Eee PC that was made from old tweet coats and dress pants. Looks super classy and simple. I don't like how bold a lot of retail cases/sleeves are, so this one looks casual and simple. It also doesn't look like an obvious target for theft, as it doesn't scream "electronics inside".
    This is great. I got a N7 for my mother inlaw and she'll love the flowery fabric

Quote Originally Posted by Necrocis View Post
    Could you post a link?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Weird, I just checked the Staples website and it does not show. Maybe it is store item only.

Anyway, this is what I got: Amazon.com: Amazon Kindle Fire Zip Sleeve, Graphite: Kindle Store
    Thanked by:

Yeah they have lots more designs too. That one just seemed like a good ICS blue. Not too girly or bold.

if you have a "Five Below" store within 50 miles of where you live - go for it, and spend the gas

I got awesome SLEEVE, adjustable stand, tablet cover (booklike) screens protectors, carring bag, adapters, etc.. all for $5 or less, each ... fits my Nexus7 perfectly

wow! 8D

(you can see some of the stuff online at fivebelow.com , but they only actually sell the stuff in the stores, I think.)
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    515 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vicious JellyBean 4.1.1

Thanks... but, lol:

LOCATIONS
    [NEAR YOU]
    One store found 1,564.04 miles from 91202.

This one was designed for the Kindle, but fits the Nexus 7 like a champ, and is $6.19 and Prime-eligible. The same seller also sells it directly on Amazon (not prime eligible) with the cost + shipping adding up to the same, and in that listing (didn't copy it, sorry) they show it as being designed for the Nexus -- though it's the same dimensions, etc.
    Ravynmagi and nohbody like this.

I bought this envelope by BUILT NY. I bought it Used-Like New from Amazon for $14 shipped. It just came in today and it's perfect on my Nexus 7. I really love their products (I also have a bag for my 13.3" laptop) and this is no disappointment. Oh, and used must mean something different to me than to Amazon, it was still in it's original packaging!

ROM
    Stock

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004HX...idcentral00-20

Got this from amazon today and it fits like a glove. It has nice thick padding too.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Nexus 7 sleeves-uploadfromtaptalk1342736447123.jpg  
    Thanked by:
    uM-elo 
    John-Smith likes this.

Thanks Jeremy. Does it add any palpable weight?

@cordoni I was strongly considering that one. Not gonna lie, it looks really big/bulky in those pics you posted. It's probably just the pics tho
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast