Made my own custom case!

twolane

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
First off I need to apologize for the quality of the video. Lighting sucked, made the colors suck.
More importantly I made a smart cover case! Works great. Took about 5 mins, a razor and a little super glue. I just cut the seam, slid the magnet in between the liner and the cover and sealed it up with a spot of super glue. If you aren't looking for the magnet you don't notice it.
I know the criticism will be the magnet contacting the glass and whatever, but the height of the straps on the corners that hold the N7 in place are just about the same height as the magnet, reducing the contact dramatically. It works great, and I no longer have to fumble for the power switch.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmORFFyA7Ig[/YT]

Jedi Neo

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
What size magnet are you using? I pulled one off a $1 store chip bag clip I had on the fridge. To test it out I taped it to the inside making sure I had it lined up correctly. Works fine when I close it, however when I fold the cover so it's flush with the back it turns off. Is the magnet to big? It looks smaller than the one in the video.

rubrnek

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Same thing happens to me and i used a smaller magnet than in the video.

Sent from my LG-P925 using Android Central Forums

Jedi Neo

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
Same thing happens to me and i used a smaller magnet than in the video.

Sent from my LG-P925 using Android Central Forums

Not sure how to solve this without putting a piece of metal back there. For now I just don't fold it all the way. Kind of inconvenient. Oh well, this is just a temp case until someone produces something better.

Dec 20, 2009
Visit site
I have the same case except the dark red interior. This worked great for me, except I cut the strings along the seam... hopefully the glue will keep it from coming unraveled.

twolane

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
What size magnet are you using? I pulled one off a $1 store chip bag clip I had on the fridge. To test it out I taped it to the inside making sure I had it lined up correctly. Works fine when I close it, however when I fold the cover so it's flush with the back it turns off. Is the magnet to big? It looks smaller than the one in the video.

I actually used a magnet off the fridge too! It's from some cheap metal little hook thing that was on the fridge. I'll get a pic of it in a min. I have not had the issue some people have had with the magnet triggering the sensor from the back.

twolane

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
photo.jpg

here's the type of magnet I used.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon