Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Nice thread. If you keep the OP up to date this will be a great resource for people in the market for a screen protector.

You've got sticky.

Default Re: Screen Protector Thread

I got the Xtreme Guards, and I just put on my Nexus, and it's making the screen almost unresponsive to the touch is this normal at first?
    hmm maybe it is the brand you have. I dont seem to have that problem with my screen protector. Has anyone else ever ran into this dilema?

Global Posts
    83 Global Posts

BodyGuardz rule. XO dent to easy, Zagg is to sticky and generally sucks. You can order a replacement if/when needed for a fraction of the price.

Quote Originally Posted by illusion787 View Post
    hmm maybe it is the brand you have. I dont seem to have that problem with my screen protector. Has anyone else ever ran into this dilema?
    I ended up ripping that thing off because it was making my screen unusable for the most part. I don't know what I did wrong, maybe I used too much water on the back of it.

i got a leather case on my Nexus7, it is really great, i like it very much,

I ended up ripping that thing off because it was making my screen unusable for the most part. I don't know what I did wrong, maybe I used too much water on the back of it.
    hmm maybe that was it, try it again with less water...or just go with another company. The one i used didnt seem to have that problem (xoskins). Anyways let me know how it went

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sudiptoc View Post
    All these "wet application" / "military grade" type of screen protectors appears to be pretty much the same thing. I have used Zagg and BestSkinsEver products before, and looks like ArmorSuit, XO, XtremeGrard etc. are basically the same thing.

Is there REALLY any difference between them (except Zagg being the MOST expensive!!) ?

Don't get me wrong ... I do very much like these types of protectors, and have been using them for 5+ years now. Just wondering if there is really any difference between the various brands.

The difference as you have probably read is the look and feel. The wet application works best to keep it from coming off. But most of these brands have an orange peel look, yellowing after time...etc. Only one I've had and probably won't ever change that doesn't have these issues is XO skins. And they always offer specials and discounts. Every new device I've gone to get a skin for there was at a minimum 20% off.

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

There are also these http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...idcentral00-20

I'm waiting for mine to ship still, I will post later to let you guys know how they are.

Global Posts
    194 Global Posts

Don't use a screen protector and stop buying unnecesarry cases, capacitive stylus pens, bluetoothe mice, keyboards, etc., and use the money instead to get a second mobile tablet, a mobile hotspot, better or second phone, etc.

I will be getting this and I will post the outcome once applied lol
    http://www.amazon.com/CrazyOnDigital...idcentral00-20
    On that Jellybean stuff

Got the Zagg Invisible Shield today, came packed in a tube, so I put something heavy on it to flatten it out.
    Installation went as I expected, squeegeed out the biggest bubbles without any problems.
    Now it's just a matter of waiting until the tiny ones fade away. The screen looks smudged but I'm confident, it'll be OK.
    I'll post some pics in the next few days.

Oh oh, screen responsiveness is very sluggish with Invisible Shield.
    I'm tapping directly and getting no response.
    My HP Touchpad with an IS is much more responsive to swiping.
    I hope this improves over time but if not, it's coming off and Zagg is refunding my money.

OK, it's getting better, much more responsive. Flicking is easier. Might be a keeper yet.

I got a Skinomi shield from Amazon. It is a wet application type. It fits fine and I have had no problems in the two days its been on.

Quote Originally Posted by nextcity View Post
    Don't use a screen protector and stop buying unnecesarry cases, capacitive stylus pens, bluetoothe mice, keyboards, etc., and use the money instead to get a second mobile tablet, a mobile hotspot, better or second phone, etc.
    The screen protector is necessary.
    buffee likes this.

got an XO. application was easy if you follow the directions. Bubbles and streaks do disappear within 30hrs. I'm quite pleased with the responsiveness of my screen after installation.

thumbs up to XO.
    illusion787 likes this.

yeah id rather use a skin protector than a case, a case seems too bulky to mewhere as a skin protector is enough to protect it but not too much extra size
    Only one I've had and probably won't ever change that doesn't have these issues is XO skins.
    yeah that is who i use as well, its the only one i have tried so far but i will stick with them. If its not broken then why try to fix it right?

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    Oh oh, screen responsiveness is very sluggish with Invisible Shield.
    I'm tapping directly and getting no response.
    My HP Touchpad with an IS is much more responsive to swiping.
    I hope this improves over time but if not, it's coming off and Zagg is refunding my money.
    When did you order your protector? I've yet to hear anything from Zagg and its been 10 days.

Quote Originally Posted by jedilow View Post
    When did you order your protector? I've yet to hear anything from Zagg and its been 10 days.
    I pre-ordered it on July 16, it shipped on July 23 and I had it July 26.

I ordered a Wrapsol Ultra screen protector on Tuesday and it was here yesterday so that was good. It was originally $25, but I used a coupon code and got it for $25 with shipping. Application was pretty easy and I didn't have any problems (besides a few pieces of fuzz, so illusive) there were quite a few bubbles when I installed it, but they advertised that they would go away in about 24 hours ad most of them have. The only qualm I have with the screen protector is that the right half of it has that pebble look to it. The only thing I can compare it to is the back of the pebble blue SIII (sort of lines on it). I'm confused because the left half looks great, like the glass itself. I'm still trying to decide if I can live with it. On the other hand, it doesn't have as much of a tacky feel like the invisible shields I've had in the past which is nice.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Surprised no one is going to try out Ghost Armor. I read some good things about them (never tried them yet) so I went ahead and picked two up (one for me and one for my Mom's N7) with 20% off discount, the price wasn't bad.

I'll let you guys know how I feel about it next week.

Global Posts
    164 Global Posts

Still not sure which to buy...I was debating between skimoni and armorsuit. Anyone have any cons for these two?

Global Posts
    164 Global Posts

Ended up buying 2 Xtremeguard for nexus 7 and 2 for galaxy nexus for 6.25 shipped. Hope they don't suck

Global Posts
    164 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by illusion787 View Post
    what do you mean different brand? You mean a different brand completely or are there different brands of xtremeguard? I only saw one on their site and went with that one. Hope I don't get the unresponsive issue someone else had, I'll be sure to lightly spray with water & hope to avoid that

Global Posts
    189 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by noskeyz View Post
    It was originally $25, but I used a coupon code and got it for $25 with shipping.
    That is one heck of a coupon code you got there! hehe
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast