Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Global Posts
    235 Global Posts

Default Re: Screen Protector Thread

Another vote for BodyGuardz skin. I use them on everything I've had and have been pleased with them. The skin can be applied wet or dry, and after a day or so the bubbles and streaks fade away. I took my Evo to the Sprint store and the technician didn't realize that there was a skin on it until he started working with it.

Global Posts
    1,562 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Just saw spg put up N7 screen protectors on their site and I just ordered one.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screen Protector Thread-uploadfromtaptalk1343542517076.jpg  
    Last edited by bunique4life05; 07-29-2012 at 01:37 AM.
    Thanked by 2:

Quote Originally Posted by bunique4life05 View Post
    Just saw spg put up N7 screen protectors on their site and I just ordered one.

thanks for the tip! i ordered the SQ/crystal. tried both crystal and anti-fingerprint on my Atrix and didn't notice a difference between the two, so i got the cheaper one for the n7.

Are any of these companies offering anti glare screen protectors?

Global Posts
    1,562 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by armeddroid View Post
    Are any of these companies offering anti glare screen protectors?

The spg ultra fine is one you looking for anti glare as well anti finger prints.

For those who want a matte film with anti-fingerprint/anti-glare properties :

Steinheil™ Screen Protector Ultra Fine
    Slightly Smooth Textured Film with 30% increased Light transmittance. Effective in preventing Glare, Smudges and Fingerprints.
    Ultra fine matte film
    high Grade Anti-Glare Hard coated Film
    Light Transmittance increased by 21% from previous model
    Premium Matte Surface
    Perfect fit for Device's Display
    No Rainbow Effects
    Good Surface Hardness : 3H
    Easy to install
    Anti-UV Ray coated
    Marks and Fingerprints wipe away easily
    Hard coated for Scratches and Scuffs Proof
    No interference with Touch-Screen Responsiveness
    Non-tacky adhesive : removed easily without leaving residue

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screen Protector Thread-uploadfromtaptalk1343583777564.jpg  
    Thanked by:

Nice. I'll take a look at it.

Global Posts
    1,562 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Spg cost little money but you must consider the quality and features they give you. I have used zag and seidio screen protectors and I prefer spg. Zag protects the best and warranty is great;however, I don't like feel or the slight rainbow effect you get with Zagg. Seidio's screen protector was a much nicer feel with zero rainbow effect but still spg had better clarity and glass feel.

Quote Originally Posted by bunique4life05 View Post
    Spg cost little money but you must consider the quality and features they give you. I have used zag and seidio screen protectors and I prefer spg. Zag protects the best and warranty is great;however, I don't like feel or the slight rainbow effect you get with Zagg. Seidio's screen protector was a much nicer feel with zero rainbow effect but still spg had better clarity and glass feel.

I have the Zagg on my Nexus 7 and haven't seen any "rainbow" effect.

what do you mean different brand?
    yeah maybe i should have explained that better. By different brand I meant different company altogether. Did your screen ever get more responsive since your last post?
    Always good to know which companies make better products and which ones dont.
    take care

Global Posts
    164 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by illusion787 View Post
    yeah maybe i should have explained that better. By different brand I meant different company altogether. Did your screen ever get more responsive since your last post?
    Always good to know which companies make better products and which ones dont.
    take care
    I also wonder if his responsiveness improved as I ordered xtremeguard for n7 and gnex yesterday lol

Global Posts
    1,562 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    I have the Zagg on my Nexus 7 and haven't seen any "rainbow" effect.
    I got the rainbow effect on my Thunderbolt using a Zagg screen protector. The rainbow effect on zaggs goes way in most cases and is not an uncommon byproduct of zagg.

Last edited by bunique4life05; 07-29-2012 at 07:38 PM.

Global Posts
    4,261 Global Posts

I have used Clarivue screen protectors on all my devices and probably get an anti-glare for my N7.

Quote Originally Posted by n0obpr0 View Post
    What do you think of yours as i have had mine on for about a week and not sure if i like it or not

Global Posts
    509 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted, Unlocked

I really, really, REALLY like the XO Skin on my Nexus 7. It went on easy, once it dried all the little bubbles went away and it isn't tacky like some other ones I've used. Its almost like it isn't there.

There's a complete write-up over on my site and a if you are interested.
    illusion787 likes this.

So excited to see SGP making a protector! Ordered one!

I'm using Skinomi and it's fantastic. It went on very easily (and I've always struggled with wet installs), and left no bubbles or streaks behind. I do have a couple specks of dust under the protector (but that's my fault). Best wet install protector that I've used.

Spigen SGP screen protectors have been released. The price is rather steep at $21.99 and $24.99. For those of you that has used them on other devices, are they worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by jenskristian View Post
    Spigen SGP screen protectors have been released. The price is rather steep at $21.99 and $24.99. For those of you that has used them on other devices, are they worth it?

I used Steinheil screen protectors on my Nexus S. They are high quality, and are "hard" (easy to slide finger across) as stated. I don't know if they are good enough to justify that price, however. I got two N7 screen protectors for under $9 shipped and am very happy with the quality: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...idcentral00-20

Sent from my Nexus 7

Quote Originally Posted by eRod v1.0 View Post
    Official screens available:

Don't see anything available yet from Zagg or Steinheil. I'll edit the list as more become available.

Also be sure to use to search for discounts.
    ZAGG has BOTH the screen protector & the FULL body for the NEXUS 7 tablet. 19.95 $ 25.99

I have used ZAGG on every cell phone I have ever owned. I have NEVER!!!! had one peel, chip, fade etc.....and I keep my phones at least 2 years.

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by masterxchief View Post
    There are also these Amazon.com: amFilm (TM) Premium Screen Protector Film Clear (Invisible) for Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2-Pack) [in AM Retail Packing]: Computers & Accessories

I'm waiting for mine to ship still, I will post later to let you guys know how they are.
    So I installed this one a few days ago and have been using it since.

Installation was easy, I didn't get it on straight the first time but I was able to remove it and reapply it without any dust getting under it.

The screen feels more slippery but I'm sure as it gets broken in from the oils from my hand it will feel normal again. This thing picks up fingerprints fast just like the bare glass but screen quality does not seem compromised (I have the washed out screen issue on my tablet).The cut out for the camera and ambient light sensor is weird since it looks like a earpiece cutout. For how cheap it is, I have no issues with it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screen Protector Thread-2012-07-31-21.37.21.jpg   Screen Protector Thread-2012-07-31-21.39.52.jpg  

Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10

Quote Originally Posted by jenskristian View Post

In my opinion they are superior to other brands. I don't hesitate to purchase them for all my devices when they are released.

I used the Xtremeguard and the screen was indeed non-responsive immediately after the application. However, after just an hour of drying the responsiveness increased ... and now that is has been a couple days since I applied it, it is as if the protector is not there at all. The screen is EXACTLY as responsive it was without the protector on.

So those of you applying the Xtremeguard ... PLEASE WAIT AT LEAST A COUPLE HOURS before turning the device on and testing for screen responsiveness.

Anyone know of any brink and mortar stores that have them yet?

Quote Originally Posted by acard811 View Post
    Anyone know of any brink and mortar stores that have them yet?
    Are you asking about the Xtremeguard? I don't know if they sell this in brick and mortar stores (I doubt it), but I placed the order from the link below and got it in just a couple days. For $7.50 with FREE shipping, I am certainly not complaining. In fact I am amazed to see that other companies are charging $20 or more for essentially the same product AND then they are tacking on additional shipping fees on top of it !!!

Thanked by:
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast