Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Global Posts
    189 Global Posts

Default Re: Screen Protector Thread

Quote Originally Posted by psxjunky View Post
    Are you asking about the Xtremeguard? I don't know if they sell this in brick and mortar stores (I doubt it), but I placed the order from the link below and got it in just a couple days. For $7.50 with FREE shipping, I am certainly not complaining. In fact I am amazed to see that other companies are charging $20 or more for essentially the same product AND then they are tacking on additional shipping fees on top of it !!!

Asus Google Nexus 7 Tablet Screen Protectors and Full Body Skins | XtremeGuard
    I paid 6.75 I believe for 2 nexus 7 and 2 gnex screen protectors from xtremeguard

Removing some of the bubbles I accidently hit power button and wanted to turn it off but indeed screen is completely unresponsive.

I also messed up and there is a bit of screen protector that went above screen and is sticking to gray part above camera, yet the bottom seems to be well aligned I dont know how i got that little bit on top to be out of place

I will have to wait for both my devices to dry up because to me this was probably the worst install ever, lots of bubbles, wasnt aligning too well etc Cant recall first sp I used but the last one for my phone was skinomi and it went on easy

Global Posts
    189 Global Posts

Just checked and the coupon code still works on their site xtremeguard.com

coupon code xtreme75 must have at least 2 items in cart..so cheapest would be 2 nexus 7 sp for 3.75 or mix and match and add one for your phone and one for nexus

Got the Zagg one today. I swear to god I'm incompetent when it comes to screen protectors. It looks perfect except for two tiny dust particles that cause little bumps in on the screen. Argh, and I'm too anal for that not to bug me.
    Thanked by:

Smile Re: Screen Protector Thread

Quote Originally Posted by nexus89 View Post
    Just checked and the coupon code still works on their site xtremeguard.com

coupon code xtreme75 must have at least 2 items in cart..so cheapest would be 2 nexus 7 sp for 3.75 or mix and match and add one for your phone and one for nexus
    Thank you VERY much for the coupon code! It worked for me and I bought a whole bunnch of other screen protectors from them ... even some for a phone that I have not bought yet (but planning to)

Thanks again !

Global Posts
    189 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by psxjunky View Post
    Thank you VERY much for the coupon code! It worked for me and I bought a whole bunnch of other screen protectors from them ... even some for a phone that I have not bought yet (but planning to)

Thanks again !
    No problem, how long did it take for your screen responsiveness to come back, its been 24 urs and mine is still out of whack...takes me several attempts just to unlock screen, many bubbles as well. Asking because since I have a spare I might decide to apply a new one
    Thanked by:
    F34R 

Global Posts
    1,580 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I got my Spg Stienheil Ultra Crystal today. It fits well on the N7 and feels the same as the glass screen. The clarity on screen is great. I really can see difference between N7 without a screen protector or with screen protector.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Google is for the people and by the people. Android is for the people and by the tech people. Nexus is for the geeks and by the geeks.
    Solve
    [Nexus (A) + the latest and greatest tech] < [Nexus (B) + the best proven and optimize tech]
    Answer
    Nexus (A) is less than Nexus (B)
    Nexus (B) is greater than Nexus (A)
    ______
    Thanked by 2:
    F34R likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bunique4life05 View Post
    I got my Spg Stienheil Ultra Crystal today. It fits well on the N7 and feels the same as the glass screen. The clarity on screen is great. I really can see difference between N7 without a screen protector or with screen protector.

Mine came in today too. It took quite a bit of time and patience and all 4 of the included "dust removal" stickers to get it perfectly set. A big help: installing in the bathroom after running the shower on full hot to create steam to pull the dust out of the air.

You mean you can't see the difference with/without the protector, right? The clarity and responsiveness are the same on mine. The real test will be showing it to my coworkers on Monday, all of whom have the N7 also. The ultra crystal seems to be more fingerprint resistant than the bare glass. I'm extremely happy with my choice.
    Thanked by 2:
    F34R and n3wDaddy77 like this.

No problem, how long did it take for your screen responsiveness to come back, its been 24 urs and mine is still out of whack...takes me several attempts just to unlock screen, many bubbles as well. Asking because since I have a spare I might decide to apply a new one
    Mine was about 80% responsive after about 2-3 hrs, and fully responsive after 24 hrs. So it does sound like you will need to replace it

Very small bubbles may remain after 24 hrs, but should be completely gone in about 2-3 days.

Make sure you do the installation in a "clean room". And use plenty of the soap water so the screen easily slides.

"Clean Room" - in a small bathroom, keep hot water running for 5-10 min keeping door closed so it mists up; then turn water off and let it settle for 10 min. This will remove mos dust particles from air. Then do the installation in this room.

Thanked by:
    F34R 

Global Posts
    1,580 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by calbearz24 View Post
    Mine came in today too. It took quite a bit of time and patience and all 4 of the included "dust removal" stickers to get it perfectly set. A big help: installing in the bathroom after running the shower on full hot to create steam to pull the dust out of the air.

You mean you can't see the difference with/without the protector, right? The clarity and responsiveness are the same on mine. The real test will be showing it to my coworkers on Monday, all of whom have the N7 also. The ultra crystal seems to be more fingerprint resistant than the bare glass. I'm extremely happy with my choice.
    Yes, I meant "I can't tell the difference between with or without screen protector. I have had spg screen protector before and forgot about the dust removal. Regardless the install for spg SP was easy. Like I said I can't' tell the difference except for the one fact you mentioned about the finger print resistance which is huge plus.

Google is for the people and by the people. Android is for the people and by the tech people. Nexus is for the geeks and by the geeks.
    Solve
    [Nexus (A) + the latest and greatest tech] < [Nexus (B) + the best proven and optimize tech]
    Answer
    ______
    Thanked by:
    F34R 
    F34R likes this.

Just ordered XtremeGuard....I've never used their product before and there seems to be mixed reviews but I got 3 screen protectors (3 different devices) for under $7 shipped.
    Thanked by:
    F34R 
    F34RTEHDR01D

Global Posts
    544 Global Posts

Just a big thanks to all for the "reviews" of the brand and item they bought for the N7.

what do you mean different brand? You mean a different brand completely or are there different brands of xtremeguard? I only saw one on their site and went with that one. Hope I don't get the unresponsive issue someone else had, I'll be sure to lightly spray with water & hope to avoid that
    I am pretty sure that the main "issue" with responsiveness is trying to use it too early. If you install it, make sure to get as much of the bubble out while it is still wet ans then LET IT SET UNDISTURBED FOR 24 HRS before turning it on, you will not see any issues with responsiveness. There may still be a few small bubbles after 24 hrs, but they should go away completely over the next 1-2 days.

I have done TONS of these types of "wet screen protector" applications, and this has been my experience consistently.

Do NOT use less water! That is a recipe for bad installation as well. Use enough water so that the screen protector will "glide" easily on the screen when you first apply it. This will help get it positioned right, and will also help you get most bubbles out easily.

Use a credit card or a hard plastic card to squeeze out as many bubbles and excess water as you can WITHIN THE FIRST 15 MIN of installation. Then they get much harder to get out.

But if you keep the device turned OFF for the first 24 hrs, responsiveness should not be any issue.

Good luck !

Global Posts
    134 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bunique4life05 View Post
    Just received my SPG UC yesterday and put it on today........... WOW

I never thought I would spend $20+ on a 7 inch screen protector.......but I am glad I did!!!

Just as bunique4life has mentioned, it does not denigrate the touch response nor have any sticky or grip resistance. Finger prints happened pretty bad with bare glass on this device. Now that is not half of an issue and what ones do happen, wipe off pretty darn easy with the little cloth given with the SPG.

Another huge huge huge major plus with the SPG protector is that it is a dry application. Installing it was so incredibly easy. I would never of got a protector that I had to wait 24 hours to set then be able to use the device. No way I could wait 24 of not using my N7

I also got my Bluerex slim case today as well. Now after using the N7 for a week with no case or protection.........It feels so much better in my hands with both on it.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    1,580 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Rich215 View Post
    Just received my SPG UC yesterday and put it on today........... WOW

I never thought I would spend $20+ on a 7 inch screen protector.......but I am glad I did!!!

Just as bunique4life has mentioned, it does not denigrate the touch response nor have any sticky or grip resistance. Finger prints happened pretty bad with bare glass on this device. Now that is not half of an issue and what ones do happen, wipe off pretty darn easy with the little cloth given with the SPG.

Another huge huge huge major plus with the SPG protector is that it is a dry application. Installing it was so incredibly easy. I would never of got a protector that I had to wait 24 hours to set then be able to use the device. No way I could wait 24 of not using my N7

I also got my Bluerex slim case today as well. Now after using the N7 for a week with no case or protection.........It feels so much better in my hands with both on it.
    For me I just prefer spg for quality and features they provide. I have used spg, zagg, and seidio screen protectors. Spg was much better than the rest. IMO spg is well spent money and if you take care of your N7 then should never buy another screen protector. I can't wait my portenzo case because not only for looks but add thickness to N7 will make handling the device so much better.

Solve
    Answer
    ______
    Thanked by:

Just ordered the Spigen SGP Screen Protector (SQ) for my Nexus 7 too. I have never used a screen protector before, but after reading reviews I'm going to give it a try. Spigen SGP seems to be top of the line, so hopefully I'll be happy with it.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    1,580 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by jenskristian View Post
    Just ordered the Spigen SGP Screen Protector (SQ) for my Nexus 7 too. I have never used a screen protector before, but after reading reviews I'm going to give it a try. Spigen SGP seems to be top of the line, so hopefully I'll be happy with it.
    I am confident you will.

Solve
    Answer
    ______

Coupon code for zagg 50% off pretty much everything NDNWAFWWJD just bought my screen protector used plenty of different ones and I would have to say zagg is my favorite using the full coverage on my epic 4g touch right now definitely worth the price I took a little extra piece of protector that was in the packaging and spread it over a pen and pulled down really hard, didn't even put a hole in it and the protector didn't look damaged at all codes only good thru September so buy now!

Thanked by:
    SusieR 

Have any of you used a stylus with your screen protector? How was the responsiveness?

Hey guys, is this a good deal?
    It's from the company BoxWave.

Global Posts
    87 Global Posts

Has anyone tried out any of the patterned guardz? like the bodyguardz one or the zagg ones.

In all honesty I just want to make it a completely obnoxious girly colour so my BF wouldn't be tempted to take it to work with him! I'm curious if the texture on the back would actually allow the thing to stay on there with regular use without peeling.

My girlfriend decided to get some protection for her tablet.
    got this for the front

and decided to get a carbon fiber for the back

was pretty easy to install and looks nice. I like the grip/texture the carbon fiber allows you to have. Had her go through XOskins since i use them for my phone and am starting to like this company.
    The screen did not loose any touch responsiveness either
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by stephen1108 View Post
    I got the Xtreme Guards, and I just put on my Nexus, and it's making the screen almost unresponsive to the touch is this normal at first?
    I have used ZAGG for years on my phones, and had it installed on my tablet~same as what happened to you. No touch response at all, nothing. can't swipe, use a stylus, nothing....finally got so ******** I took off the zagg and all was fine again. GRRRRRRRRR...22$

I rest my case. It appears I am NOT the ONLY one who found out the expensive way that ZAGG is not the best for this tablet. I do have ZAGG on 3 phones & I swear by those, but using it on my tablet......it BLOWS!!!! Unresponsive touch, can't swipe, can't even use a stylus.......it cost me 22$..I am livid.....I finally got so mad, I just took it off, and everything worked beautifully again. Anyone using a screen protector that actually protects and all functions are usable? thanks

I really hope NewTrent makes a protector for the Nexus 7.

For Kindle Fire I had tried a couple different ones that were wet application but never was happy with those. Then I found about NewTrent and it's a great protector, super easy to install, and zero bubbles. It's a rigid film with a border that matches the bezel and makes it easier to align the film. To me, this is how all screen protectors should be.

New Trent Fimir Anti-Glare Screen Protector for Amazon Kindle Fire - Consider It Fixed

Anyone using a screen protector that actually protects and all functions are usable? thanks
    this one....
    [IMG][/IMG]
    is what i just recently installed and have not noticed any loss in touch responsiveness.
    got from xoskins for $19, hope this helps out
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast