Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
Like Tree10Likes

Default Re: Screen Protector Thread

just bought 2 GS III and 1 Nexus 7 full body XtremeGuards for $6.50 shipped with 80% off coupon code: 80OFF3

New to the forum and to my Nexus. Had the Kindle Fire HD for a day and returned it. This thing is so much nicer!
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by 1234obelix1234 View Post
    just bought 2 GS III and 1 Nexus 7 full body XtremeGuards for $6.50 shipped with 80% off coupon code: 80OFF3

New to the forum and to my Nexus. Had the Kindle Fire HD for a day and returned it. This thing is so much nicer!
    Got 3 of the Nexus 7 XtremeGuard screen protectors for $4.50. Coupon will not work otherwise. http://i.imgur.com/9Vw6M.png
    Mixed reviews on amazon, but it's $4.50 for 3 screen protectors and comes with free shipping!

Quote Originally Posted by jrwatson View Post
    Anyone else try any "anti-glare" protectors? Do they always cause degradation in screen quality?
    Last year I put an anti-glare screen protector on my first Android device and immediately regretted it. Having also purchased a Samsung Galaxy Player 5.0 for my husband, I put a crystal clear protector on his, the difference is night and day. I finally changed mine to a clear protector yesterday, it's like I have a whole new device.

I then got my Note used, but the previous owner had installed an anti-glare protector and I hate it! Different brand I'm sure, but the screen degradation is exactly the same. I hate installing the blamed things, but I will be replacing it with a clear one.

I bought a crystal clear TechArmor protector for the Nexus 7 I am giving hubby for Xmas, although I usually botch my first install try, this one went on flawlessly. And if it hadn't, well, they put 3 in the package, so I would have had two more tries.

I don't like glare, my eyes are sensitive to it, but the screen degradation is a far worse issue for me.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note (Thing Two).

Looks like the best way to go is to buy the protector online, but I am terrible at putting these things on without getting bubbles or wrong alignment.....grrrr

I'm not good at that either, but I did find the Tech Armor protector easier than most. I had extra clean microfiber cloths handy, Scotch magic tape nearby and once I had the screen clean gave it a close eagle eye from several angles to look for dust/cat hair before starting. It helped my nerves to know I had two more fresh tries in the package if I mangled the first.

Good luck!

So, how did it go? Pics?

Quote Originally Posted by irratebass1 View Post
    So, how did it go? Pics?
    For me? Went flawless as posted above. Did not take any pics, sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by irratebass1 View Post
    Looks like the best way to go is to buy the protector online, but I am terrible at putting these things on without getting bubbles or wrong alignment.....grrrr
    I wasn't too bad at putting a protector on my htc desire, but the SGS2 and the nexus it just hasn't worked at all for me

Asus Google Nexus 7 Tablet Screen Protectors and Full Body Skins | XtremeGuard
    70% off with promo code "70OFF'
    I just ordered mine x 2 full body sets.
    Anyone knows if this one covers bezel?

Any recommendations for brands being sold in the UK?

I was going to order the Zagg and you all talked me out of it (thanks!)

I'm pretty sold on the SGP but there are two options: Ultra Fine anti-fingerprint, anti-glare or SQ Crystal Clear. Which one to get and why one over the other?

Yet another Xtremeguard customer here. Normally I would be hesitant to apply a wet application protector myself, but the protectors were so cheap with the recent coupon code that I had to give some a try.

The only other screen protector I have experience with is Ghost Armor, which I had on my Galaxy Nexus. (I was shown the Zagg protectors on a device by a Best Buy salesman, but I hated the orange peel effect and the tackiness of the protector.) I think Xtremeguard is a bit tackier than Ghost Armor (not as bad as I recall Zagg, though), which I'm not totally crazy about, but which I'm also trying to get used to. Using the screen just requires a bit lighter of a touch than I had been using prior to putting on a screen protector. (There is a slight orange peel effect, but again, not as bad as I remember for Zagg.)

I haven't really lost any responsiveness, but I also hardly touched my Nexus 7 for the first few days after applying the screen protector. I also had LOTS of small bubbles under the screen, but nearly a week later they are all gone. I think it really takes a while for this screen protector to settle.

If Ghost Armor was as inexpensive as these protectors were, then I would have gone with Ghost Armor. But these are not a bad choice, especially given how inexpensive they are in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by psxjunky View Post
    There may still be a few small bubbles after 24 hrs, but they should go away completely over the next 1-2 days.
    It may even take up to almost a week, which was the case for me. I had LOTS of small bubbles, but I just patiently waited it out.

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts

I would like to choose the normal one and get the new one if it is scratched.

Quote Originally Posted by SusieR View Post
    I was going to order the Zagg and you all talked me out of it (thanks!)

I'm pretty sold on the SGP but there are two options: Ultra Fine anti-fingerprint, anti-glare or SQ Crystal Clear. Which one to get and why one over the other?
    I have the sq crystal clear and love it. Be warned its a finger print magnet, but when watching netflix its awesome just give it a quick wipe down before starting netflix.

I also have an ultra fine anti finger print on my Nexus S4G and it's sort of grainy looking.

See pic for finger prints... ^_^

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screen Protector Thread-uploadfromtaptalk1359868620692.jpg  

It sort of depends on the kind of surface you want. Some, like the Skinomi protectors are soft and don't get scratched, but have irregularities that make it not smooth; they require wet application and cover the entire screen. On the other hand, Realook and Halo protectors are hard, smooth, crystal clear and subject to damage from scratches; they aren't as flexible, and don't cover the entire screen, leaving the edges exposed. Pricing is about the same at $10-$15 on Amazon. I've used both, but prefer Halo.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    92 Global Posts

Thumbs up Re: Screen Protector Thread

xoskins.com has a V-day sale going for 50% off with this coupon code "vdayxo13" So go and get it while it lasts! its worth it for their liftime warranty!
    here is a link Screen Protector | Screen Protectors | Shield | XO Skins

I am using the DynaFlo Liquid Armor nanotech coating, which has gotten good reviews. It really doesn't feel like it's there at all, I'm a bit concerned that it's sort of "The Emperor's New Screen Protector", which of course I have no way of knowing until it is too late. It demands a lot of faith I don't really have; does anyone know whether this product works and/or some method of telling whether I applied it right? I haven't seen it mentioned here yet.

So, anyway, I'm looking for a protector that someone who is impatient and all thumbs can apply: letting my tablet sit for 24 hours is not on--2 would kind of be pushing it!
    Before the Nexus 7 I had a Kindle Fire. For that one I lucked into finding something called GreatShield EZSeal Plus, which just went on like a dream in seconds, had no bubbles, and just worked perfectly until it got stolen. Looking around, it seems they don't make one for the Nexus 7, and that even the Kindle one I had before seems to be out of production!

Anyone know of a similar product, or whether this GreatShield company still makes this. The EZSeal was my first experience applying a protector and spoiled me for anything that actually takes skill to apply.

Any uk members recommend a tried and tested screen protector for my nexus 7.

Quote Originally Posted by mbalsaritchie View Post
    Any uk members recommend a tried and tested screen protector for my nexus 7.
    I just joined here today to ask the same question. I've bought Mediadevil Magicscreen which arrived today and my first attempt has been an expensive failure. I found it very difficult to correctly align it. They cost GBP 12.97 and the kit contains 2. I'm going to wait a few days before trying the second one.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Tree View Post
    I just joined here today to ask the same question. I've bought Mediadevil Magicscreen which arrived today and my first attempt has been an expensive failure. I found it very difficult to correctly align it. They cost GBP 12.97 and the kit contains 2. I'm going to wait a few days before trying the second one.
    I opted for the Invisible shield in the end, and got it on with no bubbles or marks.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456