Screen Protector Thread

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm waiting for REALook's screen protectors. Those with the spray/water applicators or like Zagg shield im not a fan of because of the orange peel feeling. REALook's screen protectors actually feel like glass are are smooth as hell. here's hoping they come out soon.

shn'g

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
when I receive mine I will be using body guardz. I have tried invisible shield and agree the orange peel is not good at all, I also had a problem where the invisible shield actually peeled off after 6 months. I have had the body guardz on my iphone for awhile now, looks and feels so good, and much easier to put on. I won't change from them now.

Google Nexus 7 Screen Protectors by BodyGuardz

Reactions: katetape

patchs

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Zagg is now taking preorders for the Invisible Shield for the Nexus 7. They said shipping starts between July 19-23.
I put one on my HP Touchpad and didn't get the orange peel feel, I love their products. Tablets are much easier to install than phones.

D-Caf

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Yes scratch resistent (as I learned when I didn't get my Zagg on my imported Galaxy SII soon enough.. not to bad luckily).

Ordered a Zagg for the Nexus, ship date was July 20-24th, hopefully they are more on top of the whole shipping process than Google.

Also, in addition to screen protection, I like how the Zagg reduces glare on the screen and makes it easier to read in bright areas. Love the Zagg on my NookColor for reading!

lk2race

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
I ordered a zagg cover yesterday and recievx an email today it should ship on the 23rd. I have zagg on 7 different devices and it has saved me a ton of times. I recommend them and otter box cases to everyone. :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

cgc2

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Having tried XO, Zagg, Body Armor, SGP(a fav but not made for this device plus can be tricky to line up perfectly), Body Guardz is going to protect my screen. its not tacky feeling, has that "self healing" property when nicked it fills back in, clear, an nice warranty replacement should you care to utilitze. Also cheaper with Loyalty discount.

Yup, thats BodyGuardz !

iLLusive

Vzw Staff
May 11, 2010
Visit site
Anyone happen to have a discount code for BodyGuardz? I have always used Zagg but after they changed to this HD format and basic protectors do not offer what I desire for smudge / finger resistance as well as glare help. I am leaning towards trying out the Bodyguardz.

Obviously if I can get 10-20% off or even free shipping it would help so I ask because I know there is discounts out there that people get from purchasing from these vendors frequently. Thanks in advance!

Deku

Jan 17, 2010
Visit site
From the description of the Nexus 7 protector on the Wrapsol site:
"Wrapsol Ultra screen protector film is the easiest to apply, strongest and the most durable impact + scratch protection system you can get for your Kindle Fire — "

Lol.

I have the Spigen Steinheil Ultra Series on my Galaxy Nexus which I really like so I think I'll be ordering one from them once they have them available. But for now, I have a set on order from Clarivue. Read a few good reviews of their past products so I'm gonna give them a go. I will also keep Bodyguardz in mind for the future, just in case. Thanks. I had XO on my GNex before the SGP, and it did not do so well for me so I will not be going back to XO for the Nexus 7.
Just got a shipment notification last night for the 8gb so not much longer!! :) But still gonna be a while for the 16gb version :(

Waiting patiently in Canada...
-MikeH.

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I am definitely going to try to find one that is anti-glare/anti-smudge. Smudges are the worst, have to clean both my devices several x a day. Frustrating.

katetape

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
Great suggestions! I've used InvisiShield before, but did run into a bit of a peeling problem. Thinking of checking out XO after reading more about them. Smudges do bother me too, but I end up cleaning the screen several times a day anyway, so it's more of a habit now (like cleaning glasses :p)

Reactions: dan4877

sudiptoc

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
All these "wet application" / "military grade" type of screen protectors appears to be pretty much the same thing. I have used Zagg and BestSkinsEver products before, and looks like ArmorSuit, XO, XtremeGrard etc. are basically the same thing.

Is there REALLY any difference between them (except Zagg being the MOST expensive!!) ?

Don't get me wrong ... I do very much like these types of protectors, and have been using them for 5+ years now. Just wondering if there is really any difference between the various brands.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21