Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    472 Global Posts
    ROM
    Jelly Bean!

Default Screen Protector Thread

Official screens available:

Xtreme Guard

Bodyguardz

XO Skins

WrapSol

Ghost Armor

ArmorSuit

Don't see anything available yet from Zagg or Steinheil. I'll edit the list as more become available.

Also be sure to use www.retailmenot.com to search for discounts.
    Last edited by eRod v1.0; 07-21-2012 at 02:50 PM.
    Thanked by 4:
    opteron7 likes this.

Default Re: Screen Protector Thread

I'm waiting for REALook's screen protectors. Those with the spray/water applicators or like Zagg shield im not a fan of because of the orange peel feeling. REALook's screen protectors actually feel like glass are are smooth as hell. here's hoping they come out soon.
    clownkiller likes this.

Global Posts
    482 Global Posts

when I receive mine I will be using body guardz. I have tried invisible shield and agree the orange peel is not good at all, I also had a problem where the invisible shield actually peeled off after 6 months. I have had the body guardz on my iphone for awhile now, looks and feels so good, and much easier to put on. I won't change from them now.

Google Nexus 7 Screen Protectors by BodyGuardz
    Thanked by:

Oh thise look nice! Thanks!

Sent from my Rezound via Tapatalk 2

Zagg is now taking preorders for the Invisible Shield for the Nexus 7. They said shipping starts between July 19-23.
    I put one on my HP Touchpad and didn't get the orange peel feel, I love their products. Tablets are much easier to install than phones.
    buffee likes this.

I use wrapsol protectors on all my devices. I'll be ordering one for my Nexus 7 soon!

Wrapsol | strongest, easiest and fastest-to-apply protection for Google Nexus 7

Why use a screen protector? I thought the glass is scratch proof?

Quote Originally Posted by roblox84 View Post
    Why use a screen protector? I thought the glass is scratch proof?
    Scratch resistant. Scratches will happen eventually.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.0.3/1.4.3/4.1.2

Yes scratch resistent (as I learned when I didn't get my Zagg on my imported Galaxy SII soon enough.. not to bad luckily).

Ordered a Zagg for the Nexus, ship date was July 20-24th, hopefully they are more on top of the whole shipping process than Google.

Also, in addition to screen protection, I like how the Zagg reduces glare on the screen and makes it easier to read in bright areas. Love the Zagg on my NookColor for reading!

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts

I ordered a zagg cover yesterday and recievx an email today it should ship on the 23rd. I have zagg on 7 different devices and it has saved me a ton of times. I recommend them and otter box cases to everyone.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    83 Global Posts

Thumbs up Re: Screen Protector Thread

Having tried XO, Zagg, Body Armor, SGP(a fav but not made for this device plus can be tricky to line up perfectly), Body Guardz is going to protect my screen. its not tacky feeling, has that "self healing" property when nicked it fills back in, clear, an nice warranty replacement should you care to utilitze. Also cheaper with Loyalty discount.

Yup, thats BodyGuardz !
    Vzw Staff

Global Posts
    429 Global Posts

Anyone happen to have a discount code for BodyGuardz? I have always used Zagg but after they changed to this HD format and basic protectors do not offer what I desire for smudge / finger resistance as well as glare help. I am leaning towards trying out the Bodyguardz.

Obviously if I can get 10-20% off or even free shipping it would help so I ask because I know there is discounts out there that people get from purchasing from these vendors frequently. Thanks in advance!
    The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving.

Oh great I am looking at BodyGuardz and need to decide between the HD anti-glare or the Ultra Tough.

From the description of the Nexus 7 protector on the Wrapsol site:
    "Wrapsol Ultra screen protector film is the easiest to apply, strongest and the most durable impact + scratch protection system you can get for your Kindle Fire — "

Lol.

I have the Spigen Steinheil Ultra Series on my Galaxy Nexus which I really like so I think I'll be ordering one from them once they have them available. But for now, I have a set on order from Clarivue. Read a few good reviews of their past products so I'm gonna give them a go. I will also keep Bodyguardz in mind for the future, just in case. Thanks. I had XO on my GNex before the SGP, and it did not do so well for me so I will not be going back to XO for the Nexus 7.
    Just got a shipment notification last night for the 8gb so not much longer!! But still gonna be a while for the 16gb version

Waiting patiently in Canada...
    -MikeH.

I am definitely going to try to find one that is anti-glare/anti-smudge. Smudges are the worst, have to clean both my devices several x a day. Frustrating.
    Deb
    Save a life & make your life better.
    Adopt a rescue or shelter dog.

i use the xo screen protector as well. have had no problems with it so far...

i use xtremeguards there pretty cheap and 2 days ago i ordered mine for 2 dollars they compare to zagg

Great suggestions! I've used InvisiShield before, but did run into a bit of a peeling problem. Thinking of checking out XO after reading more about them. Smudges do bother me too, but I end up cleaning the screen several times a day anyway, so it's more of a habit now (like cleaning glasses )
    Thanked by:

All these "wet application" / "military grade" type of screen protectors appears to be pretty much the same thing. I have used Zagg and BestSkinsEver products before, and looks like ArmorSuit, XO, XtremeGrard etc. are basically the same thing.

Is there REALLY any difference between them (except Zagg being the MOST expensive!!) ?

Don't get me wrong ... I do very much like these types of protectors, and have been using them for 5+ years now. Just wondering if there is really any difference between the various brands.
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,610 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

Mine will b at the house Mon. After using so many different brands Wrapsol is the best. They need to spread the word more.
    Quote Originally Posted by igjoe View Post
    I use wrapsol protectors on all my devices. I'll be ordering one for my Nexus 7 soon!

Wrapsol | strongest, easiest and fastest-to-apply protection for Google Nexus 7

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

After you all get your protectors please post some pictures of the final result. I am still undecided about what to do.

Add ArmorSuit to the list.

I put this on a few days ago (wet application). It took about 5 minutes from start to finish, was ridiculously easy (first time I'd done a wet app, so I may have been overly cautions - probably even quicker next time I have to do one of these), and fits the screen perfectly with less than a 1mm gap around the edge. No bubbles (they say small bubbles would dissolve in 24-48 hours anyway, but I didn't have any to deal with), no issue getting it aligned perfectly, and a good 'feel.'

Crystal clear, highly smudge/fingerprint resistant, and no detrimental impact on brightness/clarity/color. Sorry for the quality of the pictures - the only camera I have available is my phone.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screen Protector Thread-nexus-7-armorsuit-pic1.jpg   Screen Protector Thread-nexus-7-armorsuit-pic2.jpg  
    Thanked by:

Don't get me wrong ... I do very much like these types of protectors, and have been using them for 5+ years now. Just wondering if there is really any difference between the various brands.
    yeah i have to agree with you on this one. I haven't really done much research into all the different brands and tried to compare them. My roommate used xoskins so that is why i decided to go with them. Pretty affordable and looks nice...
    But i havent really tried any other protectors so i dont have anything to compare it with, but probably wont go with any one brand since i am satisfied with the one i have for now.
    hope this helps out a bit.

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

I just tried the body guardz ultra tough and had to pull it off. It was too thick to use, made the screen almost completely unresponsive.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:

I got the Xtreme Guards, and I just put on my Nexus, and it's making the screen almost unresponsive to the touch is this normal at first?
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast