Longer Charging Cable

landjo77

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
My only complaint with the Nex 7 tablet so far is the lack of a long charging cable. I tried to use the one from my VGNex along with the ASUS charger that was provided, and it won't charge the tablet! Anyone know of a longer cable (preferably 5-6 ft) that works, and where to get it? Thanks!

TheStereoMike

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
86ee9ea1.png

markyoung04

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
My delightfully long charger from my old BB Storm 2 worked great as didthe cord from Bionic

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

lostmarine

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
My only complaint with the Nex 7 tablet so far is the lack of a long charging cable. I tried to use the one from my VGNex along with the ASUS charger that was provided, and it won't charge the tablet! Anyone know of a longer cable (preferably 5-6 ft) that works, and where to get it? Thanks!

Agreed it drives me MAD. Luckily I have a few others that work with it and I haven't noticed it taking longer to charge it when I use other ones.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site

My VGNex cable works fine for charging my Nexus7.

shafferb

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
Errr, anybody heard of eBay ? It's not that is this exactly a rare-earth element. Long ones are anywhere from 99 cents (feeeeel the pain) to about 3 bucks. Lions and tigers and bears, Oh My!

pdhahn

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Same situation here. My 6" usb cable combined with the stock charger charges the device very slowly. Although from what I hear that's not really a bad thing since supposedly it's better for the battery.

biogon

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
My Motorola-supplied cable with the N7 stock charger also did not turn on the "charging" notification.

I purchased a HP Touchpad charger -- 2.0A and a much longer cord at approximately 5 feet -- and it works just like the stock N7 charger and cable for $10 on Amazon.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Charging my nexus on an old 400ma charger left over from an old BlackBerry right now. Just barely enough to maintain power when the screen is on and I've charged from 25% to 53% over the course of 6 hours, but it works fine.

I usually use my 1 amp charger from my thunderbolt for overnight charging and it also works fine if slowly.

rbr451

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
I, also, was disappointed with the short 3' cable that came with my Nexus 7 and spent a lot of time searching for a longer one that actually worked.
Then I remembered that I have several USB extension cords I picked up at the Dollar Store. I plugged the short cable into one and the other end of the USB cable into the charger.

Problem solved. It works fine.