My ASUS case review (don't waste your money)

dpridgen

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Wish you would of turned on the tablet and tried out the "smart" element since it has been claimed to not work. With a real magnet you can find the "smart" sensor in the lower left corner.

This case doesn't have the smart element, so there was nothing to try from that perspective. It doesn't work. I do wish that the person who did the video had had the tablet on so people could see that the cover activates the touch sensor on the screen.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I don't have a problem with the case. It's not the best but it's something to have on my N7 until I get something better. The reason I got it was, I wasn't sure if there would be any cases available and I wanted to have something.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

jenskristian

May 6, 2012
Visit site
That case just doesn't look any good. I'm definitely getting the Nexus 7 when it hits Norway, and I thought I was getting this case. After watching the YouTube video though I've changed my mind on the case. Will find something else.

flipcap22

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I ordered the case with my 16GB and both came last Wed. Used it with the case for the first night and since been using it with it on. It's not as bad as some are making it out to be. Mine doesn't wake when I have it off. Sure, it stinks that you can't use it as a stand in landscape but I use it maybe 80-85% in portrait and having the cover flip back with little added thickness, as opposed to some leather cases I'm seeing being made, is good. I also appreciate that the heat is dissipated somewhat by having the case on, which helps out during extended use. Will probably get a smart cover when I find a design I like (some cover the bezel and I like it exposed).

dpridgen

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
It's possible it can be improved I have been experimenting with it, and the addition of a microfiber layer between the screen cover and the screen prevents the activation of the touch sensors. I haven't tried it with a glued microfiber layer yet though. I'm also thinkig of trying to modify the cover to incorporate a 1mm thick ring speaker magnet. I can get samples from here... Ring Magnet: Rare Earth Neodymium Ring Magnets for Sale, $0.12+

dpridgen

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
It is actually a fairly nice form fitting TPU cover, but the two fatal flaws are that it activates the screen and has no built in method of shutting the screen off.

My wife (until we get her a new case) just keeps the screen cover folded back all the time. Now the hinge has developed a memory and the cover won't stay closed even under gravity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781