Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

ROM
    CyanogenMod 7.2

Default Re: Anyone pick up the treegloo case for the nexus 7??

I can't seem to make up my mind between the Treegloo and the Portenzo case. If I get the Treegloo without the Kinetic Latch, it comes out to less than $50 which seems fair. The Portenzo with the IntelliStand and shipping comes out to $60.
    akrau82 likes this.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #27  

Quote Originally Posted by nicraz View Post
    I can't seem to make up my mind between the Treegloo and the Portenzo case. If I get the Treegloo without the Kinetic Latch, it comes out to less than $50 which seems fair. The Portenzo with the IntelliStand and shipping comes out to $60.
    I ended up getting the portenzo case. They look pretty sweet. They claim to channel the speaker sound out towards the user and the case is a smart case. Which if you are knowledgeable of these things, will put the nexus to sleep. They have an introductory price going on right now as well. So they gots my moneys.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Android Central Forums

ROM
    CyanogenMod 7.2

Quote Originally Posted by el_mariach View Post
    I ended up getting the portenzo case. They look pretty sweet. They claim to channel the speaker sound out towards the user and the case is a smart case. Which if you are knowledgeable of these things, will put the nexus to sleep. They have an introductory price going on right now as well. So they gots my moneys.

Oh I know. They surely make it sound pretty awesome with their description. But I also read that their warranty is only 90 days...I know no case is perfect and that's why I'm debating between those two.... I almost ordered the Portenzo yesterday and then backed out.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #29  

I guess we'll see if I made a mistake when it gets here. Hahaha

ROM
    CyanogenMod 7.2

Did they give you an estimated time frame for delivery?
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #31  

No they did not. I was just told that it would be in processing and that I would be notified when. Almost gave me pre nexus 7 arrival flashbacks. I'll post it up here when I get it with pics and what I think of it unless someone beats me to it.

ROM
    CyanogenMod 7.2

I chatted with Lea, their CSR and she said it takes 5-7 working days for production. I wonder how long it takes for Treegloo... I'm sure they're worth the wait but I don't want to be waiting too long lol.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #33  

I'd rather them take their time than rush my case. I'm looking forward to it. So I won't think about it till it gets here.

nicraz likes this.

ROM
    CyanogenMod 7.2

I'd rather them take their time than rush my case. I'm looking forward to it. So I won't think about it till it gets here.

I ended up going with Portenzo. I decided to go without the IntelliStand and now they had Standard Shipping so I went with that. It was closer to the price that I was willing to pay. We'll see how it goes.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #35  

I ended up going with Portenzo. I decided to go without the IntelliStand and now they had Standard Shipping so I went with that. It was closer to the price that I was willing to pay. We'll see how it goes.
    I got the intellistand and the hidden magnets. Mine came out to be about 60 with shipping.

Sent from my Nexus 7

ROM
    CyanogenMod 7.2

I got the intellistand and the hidden magnets. Mine came out to be about 60 with shipping.

Sent from my Nexus 7
    Yeah, mine came out to $43.95. I was debating if I really needed the IntelliStand. I decided to keep costs down for now. Who knows, I may fall in love with it and order a second one later on. I may also try the ones by Out of Print once they come out.
    Post here once you get it, I'll post when I get mine.

The IntelliStand is worth every penny. Best design of a stand on the market.

I chatted with Lea, their CSR and she said it takes 5-7 working days for production. I wonder how long it takes for Treegloo... I'm sure they're worth the wait but I don't want to be waiting too long lol.
    Search MacRumors, the web, and this forum. TreeGloo is about to go under and take everyones money or they are just the worst case company ever.

I posted a thread warning people about them. They got me and I luckily got my money back. I had to call Amex to do it after 30 days.

I also spoke to Lea at Portenzo on chat for my iPad case and going to order my Nexus case from them tomorrow. I found out about talking to Lea via chat from a review I watched on YouTube. She totally took care of me. Good luck.

Dont suckered in by the sexy website TreeGloo has. They also use a 4 piece wood design out of a lighter weaker wood than Portenzo uses and Pad.

Oh yea, if you dont see the post, they have an F with the bbb in Texas. They run this jokeshop out of their garage.

When I wanted my money back they wouldnt return my calls. I wouldnt be surprised if they were delivering 1 order out of 10 and then when their time has run out they will keep the cash and bk the company. Their online web reputation is really starting to stink, and for good reason.

Quote Originally Posted by 2700fps View Post
    Search MacRumors, the web, and this forum. TreeGloo is about to go under and take everyones money or they are just the worst case company ever.
    Obvious troll is obvious. Post history is all about Portenzo and bashing Treegloo. Is this Portenzo's idea of marketing?

Personally, I've held a Portenzo and my sister has a Treegloo. They are both awesome products, so it's really just down to which one you want.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #40  

Portenzo's price is what did it for me.

Sent from my Nexus 7

I just talked with Lea on a chat. Was hoping to have the "X" logo embossed on the front center of the Portenzo cover. Thought it would add a nice personal touch...She said due to copyright they can't. Kinda bummed, but still won't prevent me from ordering from them.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #42  

Lea seems to do all the cs work for portenzo. I've had to email them a question or two here lately and she usually responds right away with a response. I will have to say most likely I will be buying more cases from them in the future. The customer service is awesome. Here's hoping they make the alano cases for the n7 as well.

Sent from my Nexus 7
    duofiend likes this.

Lea seems to do all the cs work for portenzo. I've had to email them a question or two here lately and she usually responds right away with a response. I will have to say most likely I will be buying more cases from them in the future. The customer service is awesome. Here's hoping they make the alano cases for the n7 as well.

Sent from my Nexus 7
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #44  

I swear they keep adding features every time I check out the site. The composite book was not available when I ordered mine and I definitely didn't see that one available. Its nice but I think that'll be a case I'll get with tax money or something.

Sent from my Nexus 7

I swear they keep adding features every time I check out the site. The composite book was not available when I ordered mine and I definitely didn't see that one available. Its nice but I think that'll be a case I'll get with tax money or something.

Sent from my Nexus 7
    If you only just ordered yours, email or live chat their customer service to see if they've started production of your case. If not, they should be able to assist in modifying your order.
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #46  

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy8000 View Post
    If you only just ordered yours, email or live chat their customer service to see if they've started production of your case. If not, they should be able to assist in modifying your order.
    Yeah I did do that yesterday and was told that my case is being finished and would be shipped soon. Lea said I could cancel my order and get a different case but I would have to wait another 7 to 10 business days for the new one to be made and shipped. I'm good with the one I got. I'll get an alano case eventually.

22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #47  

Mine shipped!!!

Sent from my Nexus 7

Mine shipped!!!

Sent from my Nexus 7
    Lucky! When did you order?
    Proud owner of 2 Nexii!
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #49  

Quote Originally Posted by infamousdx View Post
    Lucky! When did you order?
    Hmm almost three weeks ago. I should be receiving it Monday, its pretty bad that I almost forgot when I ordered it. Then some time this week I'm also expecting a new N7. I had an issue with the screen clicking and popping on the left side of the tablet.

Hmm almost three weeks ago. I should be receiving it Monday, its pretty bad that I almost forgot when I ordered it. Then some time this week I'm also expecting a new N7. I had an issue with the screen clicking and popping on the left side of the tablet.

Unless I'm mistaken from the chain of posts above, I guess I'm just continuing the derailment from Treegloo to Portenzo cases in this thread...

Portenzo cases only became orderable on 7/23, so it's been 2 weeks as of this coming Monday if you ordered it on release - they're actually pretty much on time. Now I'm just hoping mine isn't too far behind, but detail on some of the Alano's may keep me waiting another week (or more)
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast