Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree5Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #51  

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy8000 View Post
    Unless I'm mistaken from the chain of posts above, I guess I'm just continuing the derailment from Treegloo to Portenzo cases in this thread...

Portenzo cases only became orderable on 7/23, so it's been 2 weeks as of this coming Monday if you ordered it on release - they're actually pretty much on time. Now I'm just hoping mine isn't too far behind, but detail on some of the Alano's may keep me waiting another week (or more)
    Yeah that sounds about right. It just feels longer than two weeks ago. I'm just ready for it to get here.

Sent from my Nexus 7
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #52  

Its sitting at my house now. Can't wait to get home and check it out.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Android Central Forums
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #53  

This case is sick. I love it.

Don't worry about the pictures ...:rolleyes::thumbup:

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #55  

I honestly didn't think anyone was following this anymore. Pictures just won't do it justice. The case is pretty awesome. My only gripe is the power button and volume rocker. Its kind of hard to get to. Although it is a smart case, having to get the power button is not really to be messed with as much. Now the volume rocker I always thought was awkward to get to. But even then that's just a minor gripe. Other than that the magnets are fairly strong as well. As you'll see I didn't get the strap, makes it look cleaner and the magnet in that works very well. I'll definitely be buying more cases from these guys.

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #56  

Here you go! Anyone pick up the treegloo case for the nexus 7??-uploadfromtaptalk1344302247751.jpg

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anyone pick up the treegloo case for the nexus 7??-uploadfromtaptalk1344302258054.jpg   Anyone pick up the treegloo case for the nexus 7??-uploadfromtaptalk1344302272107.jpg   Anyone pick up the treegloo case for the nexus 7??-uploadfromtaptalk1344302303562.jpg   Anyone pick up the treegloo case for the nexus 7??-uploadfromtaptalk1344302314273.jpg   Anyone pick up the treegloo case for the nexus 7??-uploadfromtaptalk1344302325441.jpg  

Thanked by 2:
    KitN likes this.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #57  

Seriously holding it in my hands really does feel like holding a book in my hands. I highly recommend this case.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Default Re: Anyone pick up the treegloo case for the nexus 7??

@ el_mariach, thanks for posting the pics

In the interests of keeping this thread at least nominally associated with the original topic, would anyone who has ordered and received their Treegloo case care to share their impressions and maybe dimensions, weight, and some pictures thereof?

I did too, but I got a pretty basic configuration that only cost 35. Looks good And I can't wait.

Sent from my Droid using Android Central Forums
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #60  

Its funny to think I started this to find out about treegloo and ended getting a portenzo case.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Wife's Treegloo case came in the mail yesterday. She's loving it. I like the build quality of it and experienced nothing but the best in customer service. I'm almost tempted to spend a little loot and get one for myself, but the cheapo in me is fine with my $5 TPU case.
    Proud owner of 2 Nexii!
    el_mariach likes this.

Just got my Treegloo case today in the mail. I only have one word: WOW!!

I received my Treegloo case almost three weeks ago.

It is a wonderful product.

I have flown with it, read multiple books with it, watched movies and Gilmor Gang with it, and it is just as gorgeous as the day it arrived.

It is well built, comfortable, and good looking. I couldn't imagine a better case for my Nexus 7.

Full disclosure: My case was gifted to me sans cost by Treegloo due to my skeptical participation in the Treegloo false-controversy.
    Last edited by dotism; 08-20-2012 at 05:05 PM. Reason: Disclaimer

You couldn't be more wrong. This reviewer was absolutely correct. I ordered a Treegloo case nearly 40 days ago and have been unable to raise a single response from them about the status of my order. Do NOT get sucked in by Treegloo's flashy site- they have neither the capability or intention of fulfilling any orders.

REPLYING to Katetape: "Obvious troll is obvious. Post history is all about Portenzo and bashing Treegloo. Is this Portenzo's idea of marketing?", thread pg. 1
    Last edited by bluestatepride; 11-08-2012 at 07:59 AM.

It took me a while to get my case but it did arrive and it is very nice. Build quality is very good. I customized the picture inside the case, and got the kinetic lock. I think they need to do a better job of customer communication.

I placed an order on 10/24. On 11/08 I asked for status. Yesterday I received the following:

I'm so sorry for the late response to your email! We're a little short staffed at the moment, as some of our staff is visiting their families in the wake of Hurricane Sandy.

Our current production queue is about 21 business days, and the production team has been very hard at work, getting the order queue caught up from the huge demand we have received, and working on a few new designs.

We are expecting your order to ship at the end of this month. Thank you very much for your patience!

Global Posts
    418 Global Posts

Took awhile to get mine but I love it!! Seriously worth wait, have had numerous people compliment on the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbayoo View Post
    I placed an order on 10/24. On 11/08 I asked for status. Yesterday I received the following:
    I ordered mine on 10/17, received the same email last week.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Don't hold your breath waiting for Treegloo to deliver your order.
    I ordered a cover for my Nexus 7 on 22nd October. I was heading overseas on 12th Dec so I figured that would give them plenty of time.
    Towards the end of November I emailed the company to see what was going on.
    I was told that the order would probably arrive before 12th December.
    I leave without my case and email Treegloo whilst travelling to find out about the status of the order. This time I am told it should be delivered by the middle of January. At that point I cancelled the order. Being in Australia the payment and the refund, which to be fair, was quite prompt attracted a significant foreign currency transaction fee. The company did not offer to refund this fee, just told me it was a matter between myself and the bank. The only they made was to treat me as a follow up customer, should I re-order.
    The company have been prompt in replying to emails and refunded the money without any problems.
    However the way they are dealing with this backlog of orders stinks. They really need to be upfront with people about the delays rather than playing games.
    After my experience with Treegloo I would say it is a company to avoid.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausdroid64 View Post
    Being in Australia the payment and the refund, which to be fair, was quite prompt attracted a significant foreign currency transaction fee. The company did not offer to refund this fee, just told me it was a matter between myself and the bank.
    Unfortunately your general experience with Treegloo sounds to be fairly common, resulting from a company that had wide eyes for profit and took on far, far more business than they were even remotely able to handle.

As to the quoted point, though, they can't be reasonably expected to refund a fee that they did not charge. It's not 'fair' to you, but these fees are not a normal part of the seller doing business, but rather a charge unrelated to and not collected by them resulting from your circumstances as a buyer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy8000 View Post
    Unfortunately your general experience with Treegloo sounds to be fairly common, resulting from a company that had wide eyes for profit and took on far, far more business than they were even remotely able to handle.

As to the quoted point, though, they can't be reasonably expected to refund a fee that they did not charge. It's not 'fair' to you, but these fees are not a normal part of the seller doing business, but rather a charge unrelated to and not collected by them resulting from your circumstances as a buyer.
    As a matter of business, if they are not going to deliver, they should not have taken the money. If I were they and wanted to keep some good faith, in the community, I would have offered to refund the forex fee, or something.

I'm a very happy Treegloo customer, but the complaints here are getting to be too much. I would be upset like Ausdroid64 if I were mislead about the delivery of the order and had my time and money wasted.
    Proud owner of 2 Nexii!
    Thanked by:

I ordered my case on Nov 5th 2012 - after a dozen emails back and forth, I finally was able to get them to issue a refund... today... JAN 22 2013! 3 1/2 months after placing the order!

BUYER BEWARE - until they work out their manufacturing/shipping issues, this company is DEFINITELY one to AVOID!

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousDX View Post
    As a matter of business, if they are not going to deliver, they should not have taken the money. If I were they and wanted to keep some good faith, in the community, I would have offered to refund the forex fee, or something.
    Any decent business would do exactly as you suggest.
    Treegloo think that a few gently worded emails can smooth over the problem. Customers expect a lot more than empty rhetoric in this situation.

I ordered a basic case last summer, right after I got my Nexus 7. It took a long time coming-several weeks past the original date. I ended up emailing them every week it was late for status updates. Each time it was "almost ready". Finally, on Monday of the week it was delivered I received a shipping notification email. Of course that was just a notice sent to the shipper that they have a package - they didn't actually ship the case until Thursday.

The case is nice and gets a lot of comments. I got the strap that acts as a stand, and it does fairly well. But, I have dropped the case a few times, and while the case protected the tablet well the corners of the case separated just a tiny bit. Now the case does not have a tight fit and the tablet can slip out fairly easily.

I am looking for another case, and will probably get a Seidio Mult-purpose. Then I will contact Treegloo about fixing tbis case. Although I wish Vaja Cases made Nexus cases.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123