01-30-2013 07:37 AM
75 123
tools
    Wondering if anybody made the jump and got this case. I would but $72 is a little bit much of a gamble for me with out really getting my hands on it.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Android Central Forums
    07-19-2012 01:12 PM
    I did last night. Hope they will ship soon

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    07-19-2012 02:04 PM
    Let us know your impressions when you get it. I'm holding off to see what Portenzo does first, but will end up getting one or the other.
    07-19-2012 03:01 PM
    Let us know what you think.

07-19-2012 04:29 PM
    I plan on ordering one next week. So far it seems to be the best looking, and about the best protection that is currently offered.
    07-20-2012 10:50 AM
    $72? I had one in my cart for $35 earlier thinking about it.
    07-20-2012 09:14 PM
    I found a PU Leather Folio Case Cover for Nexus 7 here , $12.99??
    07-20-2012 09:25 PM
    I'm not a fan of google contacts either, but once you give up being OCD with your contacts it's actually sort of nice -- you eventually just 'trust' it and let it be a little messy.

As for "scrolling through contacts," the only people that I know who do that sort of thing are iPhone users. Everybody else uses the keyboard to autosearch.
    I had one of these for my Iconia 200 and it isn't the best. It doesn't hold the tablet in place really well.

07-20-2012 09:28 PM
    I found a PU Leather Folio Case Cover for Nexus 7 here , $12.99??
    That is a faux leather case. French for pleather. Also I'm not a big fan of the bezel cover.
    07-20-2012 09:37 PM
    Yeah, I have already got one ,amazing, the design is very unique, and it feels very smooth, great, the most important it protects my nexus 7 very well.
    07-20-2012 09:41 PM
    This case protects my Google Nexus 7 Tablet from external spoil and damage.The red one is very beautiful. I like it very much.
    07-20-2012 09:50 PM
    I hope somebody comes out with one like the Vipertek case for the Galaxy tab 10.1. I love the vipertek leather folio case on the Tab.
    07-20-2012 09:53 PM
    $72? I had one in my cart for $35 earlier thinking about it.
    After selecting all my options, that's what my total came out to.

07-21-2012 05:25 AM
    Yeah, I have already got one ,amazing, the design is very unique, and it feels very smooth, great, the most important it protects my nexus 7 very well.
    How are the holes for the buttons and I/O? I watched a review for this case but for the ipads version. And it looked a little difficult to get to the buttons. So I was wondering how easy that is to access cause it feels like the volume rocker and power button already feel awkward.

07-21-2012 05:32 AM
    I'm also curious abut the button access ... mind taking a picture or two? Ordered mine last night! Really excited and hoping I don't regret not going with the kinetic latch.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    07-21-2012 07:28 AM
    Oh cool, I didn't realize there was a thread going on for these already! I was going to mention the treegloo case since my sister got one of them for her iPad a few weeks ago. SUPER excited that they're making one for the Nexus 7!

Hers is really really nice, I fell in love with it! Felt like real leather (but it's animal-friendly). I'd seen some of the other book-like cases before for the Kindle Fire, but those felt kinda flimsy (like a plastic on the outside?) and were really hard.

@bleedblue - my sis didn't get the kinetic thing, but it still stands up to watch videos if that's what you're wondering.
    bleedblue likes this.
    07-21-2012 11:52 AM
    Pictures people! Lol

For those that have one hook us up.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    07-21-2012 01:16 PM
    I had one of these for my Iconia 200 and it isn't the best. It doesn't hold the tablet in place really well.

So far there are two tablets mentioned in this thread. The Treegloo and the PU which one are you referring to in your post?
    07-21-2012 01:44 PM
    Looks like Portenzo will be announcing theirs very shortly, giving us another option for comparison. Both companies appear to produce very high quality products.
    InfamousDX likes this.
    07-21-2012 02:00 PM
    I took the plunge just a little while ago. There are hundreds of configuration options but I went with the following: Nexus 7 Super Espresso case, Natural with Brown Suede Accent frame, Edo Japan Classic liner, and a Kinetic Latch closure. I had weighed the Treegloo against a Waterfield SF Bag. They are pretty comparable in price but the Treegloo looks more individualistic and can also function as a stand. It takes a couple of weeks for toyr individual choices to be implemented but I hope it's worth it.
    07-21-2012 03:32 PM
    Hers is really really nice, I fell in love with it! Felt like real leather (but it's animal-friendly). I'd seen some of the other book-like cases before for the Kindle Fire, but those felt kinda flimsy (like a plastic on the outside?) and were really hard.
    How are the access holes to the buttons? I've wondered about that.

Sent from my Nexus 7
    07-22-2012 08:26 AM
    The frame is made of wood. I wonder how sturdy this will be. Will it be able to withstand an accidental drop?
    07-22-2012 11:39 AM
    The frame is made of wood. I wonder how sturdy this will be. Will it be able to withstand an accidental drop?
    I don't own one of these, but strongly suspect that impact from a drop hard enough to fracture the wood would be hard enough to break the N7 without it, whereas it might survive with the extra structural support.
    07-22-2012 01:29 PM
    Not to butt in, but I ordered a TreeGloo case a few days ago because they seem nifty on all fronts... Though the thing that stands out to me is the support: I had an issue when ordering and had near-instant feedback and a solution to a support request at 3 o'clock in the morning. What?

I love nerds.
    07-24-2012 01:35 AM
    The wife has said she wants one of these so we'll be ordering tonight after work. They look like very good quality cases.
    07-24-2012 01:54 PM
75 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD