Staples will be selling new 3rd party cases Nexus 7 next week

patchs

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I was just at my local Staples, expecting to look at generic or Kindle Fire cases for my Nexus 7.
Right off, I saw a Nexus 7 on display with a sign saying that starting the week of 7-22, Staples would be selling cases specifically made for the Nexus 7.
There were pics of the cases, different designs, NOT the Asus case we've seen since the Google IO.
I asked the asst. manager about them, he said they were expected in Wed. and had no other information. He even tried to look at Staples' website for any info, he couldn't find anything.
I should have snapped a pic but didn't even think about it.
I'm going to hold out and see what they have before ordering online for a case that isn't specifically made for the Nexus 7.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I was just at my local Staples, expecting to look at generic or Kindle Fire cases for my Nexus 7.
Right off, I saw a Nexus 7 on display with a sign saying that starting the week of 7-22, Staples would be selling cases specifically made for the Nexus 7.
There were pics of the cases, different designs, NOT the Asus case we've seen since the Google IO.
I asked the asst. manager about them, he said they were expected in Wed. and had no other information. He even tried to look at Staples' website for any info, he couldn't find anything.
I should have snapped a pic but didn't even think about it.
I'm going to hold out and see what they have before ordering online for a case that isn't specifically made for the Nexus 7.

Good tip. I prefer in person case shopping, so this should be clutch.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

thunderstruck

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the scoop! That's good to know-I've been using my Nook case as a protective carrying case for the time being. Asus' unfortunate lack of availability is going to bite them in the rear end-people want cases for their new toys, and most of want them ASAP, not on Asus' time table. They are going to lose a lot of sales unless they hustle.

patchs

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
My wife is going to that Staples later today, she's going to snap a pic of the sign that has what some of the cases look like, I will post it.

Reactions: nicraz

mkiker2089

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I like the first one in the pick, what you can see of it. The one near the bottom that looks like a book. However in person the faux effects usually look a lot cheesier than in advertising photos.

patchs

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
The ones in the photo are all existing Kindle fire cases.
Kindle Fire Accessories | Kindle Fire covers, Kindle Fire Cases, Kindle Fire Protectors

I wonder if Staples is planning on selling them as Nexus cases, or if they have others coming in and just reused the photo for their display?

Hmmmm?
Good point. The manager at Staples told me they would be getting the cases on Wednesday and they would definitely be out for sale on Thursday.
Guess, we'll find out soon.

DestinedtoGame

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
If these are the actual cases that being released they are Freakin ugly!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I love the one that looks like a book! I would buy that ASAP! Alos, if you go to the link of the Fire cases, they have an amazing journal esk one. Instabuy!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

markyoung04

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the heads up I too prefer to do hands on testing when it comes to cases.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac