1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default i-Blason covers?

Does anyone have one yet? I've found one on Amazon that looks ok Amazon.com: i-BLASON Google Nexus 7 inch Tablet Genuine Leather Case Cover Detachable Landscape / Portrait View (Smart Cover Function: Automatically Wakes and Puts the Nexus 7 to Sleep) for 8GB 16GB Android 4.1 Jelly Bean - Three Year Warranty (Black

The problem is I want to be able to hold the device and I'm not sure how well that works on this one. If I keep taking the case apart it will wear out. If it doesn't fold back I'd have to take it apart.

I wonder if maybe this one would be better? http://www.amazon.com/i-BLASON-Googl...i-blason+nexus

Global Posts
    166 Global Posts

Default Re: i-Blason covers?

I have the second one. It's pretty good. Everything lines up correctly and it feels good in the hand and the magnet is in the correct place for sleep. I would give the quality a 6 out of 10. It was $19.99 Prime shipped when I ordered it. I guess the price isnt too bad but feels more in line with a $10 to $15 case.

I had a Snugg case for my KIndle and it had great quality but was pretty thick and $30. This is at least thinner.

Bottom line is I don't love it or hate it. For $20 and under I don't think I would love any case.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I ordered the first one and we'll see. I'm starting to think I wasted my money though. I think I should have went with something simpler. One like this
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I was wrong, the case is good. The lid folds back easily and it's very light. It just feels good. Having the tablet auto wake is good as well. There's a hole in the spine that reveals a pin hole in the nexus. It must be an emergency reset or something-

I ordered the second one, should be here next week sometime.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    382 Global Posts
    ROM
    Paranoid Android

I got my i-Blason case in today. Case fits great. Every port and sensor is exposed including the mic.

Thanked by 2:

Global Posts
    382 Global Posts
    ROM
    Paranoid Android

Quote Originally Posted by mkiker2089 View Post
    I was wrong, the case is good. The lid folds back easily and it's very light. It just feels good. Having the tablet auto wake is good as well. There's a hole in the spine that reveals a pin hole in the nexus. It must be an emergency reset or something-
    I believe that is a microphone

Yes, got one today. Works great. Cutouts in right place. Wake up and sleep works well.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts

How does the case fit/feel when you fold it open portrait? (and hold in your hands)
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by jedilow View Post
    How does the case fit/feel when you fold it open portrait? (and hold in your hands)
    Feels fine. I would advise against using it as directed (taking it off the back) as Velcro wears out. Just leave it in landscape. It stands fine that way and folding it makes it easy to hold.

Global Posts
    382 Global Posts
    ROM
    Paranoid Android

Quote Originally Posted by jedilow View Post
    Its a two piece case so you can pull the flap off if find it uncomfortable.

The case is $20 so I think I'll get my moneys worth out of it long before the velcro wears out.

Glad your's turned out nice

Quote Originally Posted by mkiker2089 View Post
    I ordered the first one and we'll see. I'm starting to think I wasted my money though. I think I should have went with something simpler. One like this
    I ordered this one, let's see how it turns out, will miss the vertical stand feature though..

How is the case when it comes to gaming? Is it comfortable or does the case get in the way? Thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

From those pictures, it looks like the case is very2 thick?