Kindle Fire Genuine Leather Cover by Marware Review(with pics)

BIGsinner

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Did I mention I ordered a Nexus 7? I did! And here's my attempt to find a case for it. (This is strictly a review of the case, not how much I like the Nexus 7) So I thought if the Nexus is more a less the same size as the Kindle Fire, why not seek out a Kindle Fire case, until an official one is released? So after much consideration, I ordered a Kindle Fire Genuine Leather Cover by Marware. I preferred a leather case, but what sold me was that it had a hand strap on the back side when you opened up the case. The case is nice looking if you are going for a "classic" look, but pretty much goes for a safe appearance. I might look to a daring etched design next time. It has an elastic strap on the outer cover, to prevent it from opening up unintentionally, which is pretty useful, and adds an almost refined look to it.

The interior is lined with a microfiber-like substance. I was able to slide in the Nex7 (with some slight forcing) into the designated pouch area which is secured by some molded hard plastic "claws" that efficiently lock the tablet in place. Luckily, these claws don't interfere with the front camera or the power/volume rocker. In fact, the claws really do a great service of not getting in the way of anything. I prefer these claws to the 4 mini-elastic bands you see on most Kindle Fire covers. Now the power/volume rocker is on the upper right side of the Nex7. Almost underside some would say. The cover almost gets in the way of it, but you can access it rather easily after some more familiarization. You can even prop it up where you can use it as a stand. The process is not as intuitive as the iPad's magnetic cover, but I learned all you needed to do is to "unbuckle" the left claws of the cover and prop the device just so.

As you can see from the pics, it closes just right with the tablet inside. But if I wanted to add a stylus, then it leaves just a slight vulnerablity by not having the cover reach all the way. The cover doesn't have an inside pocket to store things like other 3rd party manufacturers do, but that is far from a letdown.

Being that it was designed to be used with Kindle Fire, I like the adaptability is has to my Nexus 7. I do like having a stylus to stave off those greasy fingerprints (especially with such a glossy screen), so I was a little disappointed that it doesn't have much room to include it. I give this cover a 4/5.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood