xbox 360 wireless controller with USB to go

vzwty

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone used a wireless Xbox 360 controller with the play and charge kit with the USB to go? Should work like a wired controller right? I ask because I have 4 wireless controllers and a few of those play an charge kit's. Seeing if I really need to buy a wired controller to play games like Shadowrun. thanks!

vzwty

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
There's a wireless USB dongle for PC's that connects to 360 controllers. That may work...

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Looks like that does work according to something I found on the net. The adapter is anywhere from $10-$20. I think I can score a used wired controller for that much.

vzwty

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
another question, does it have to be a oem microsoft controller to work or can it be an aftermarket wired controller?

vzwty

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Why not just use a PS3 control they work with just an app on the market.

Because I play 360 and don't really like the ps3 layout. I ordered the adapter off eBay today to use a wireless 360 controller.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

rubrnek

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Please share what app to which you are referring. The six axis app specifically states you must be rooted.

you don't need an app to make the ps3 controller work.

just plug the ps3 controller usb cable into the usb-otg cable and then the usb-otg cable into your nexus 7. works great! i've been playing dead trigger and shadowgun all day.

Flatland2D

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Please share what app to which you are referring. The six axis app specifically states you must be rooted.

Yeah, been playing Shadow Gun and Dead Trigger with USB OTG. You need to be rooted and use the six axis app if you want to use bluetooth.

vzwty

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I got the adapter and while it works with the wireless 360 controller, it only works on certain games. Games like shadowgun and Dead Trigger have this odd thing where the camera just spins even when your not touching the controller! You also can't map the keys like the wired controllers. There is a work around but it's not what I would call easy and requires root access. I think I'm going to break down and buy a wired controller. Seems much easier.

vzwty

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Broke down and bought a wired xbox 360 controller. Works great out of the box. No app or workaround required. Games like Shadowrun and Dead Trigger allow you to map the keys in the app settings. Awesome!

Fres9056

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
I got the ps3 controller to work wired with a OTG cable. Its awesome on gameboid because you can trigger map but has anyone tried to use it on Modern Combat 3? I cannot seem to make it work or map the buttons. I know sixaxis app will allow it but do not want to root my nexus

jsz3us

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
What otg cable/ app are you using for the wired 360 controller?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Chillidog66

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I have a Acer a500 and that has a real usb spot and though that I can connect a ps3 controller to it. I've tried Xbox and you have to have a cable that lets you connect it to a PC.

Sent from my A500 using Android Central Forums

bsddad

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I have both a wired and wireless set up for my 360 controllers. Also got the micro usb to otg adapter. I do not want to root because im still a lil new to the geek side of things :) ive bought several games and been trying my controller out all day and yet ive not found anything to work? Is there an app needed to start off.. ive read loads of quotes and watched a ton of youtube and not seen any apps needed to start and bought all the needed equipment. Can anyone help?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci